Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (3,220 Views)
Accepted Solution

Re: S-Force Front surround 3D

So, are the S-Force PRO Front Surround 3D virtual surround sound systems the same? Do they also require the use of TV speakers to provide 5.1 surround? I drove 30 miles to my "local" Sony store to find a surround sound bar for a projection system in my media room. I was told that the HT-CT660 sound bar would provide 5.1 surround sound on it's own. It's the only audio source in my media room; no TV speakers to tandem. Was I lied to?

Message 2 of 5 (3,213 Views)

Hi MasterZoen! 

Thanks for the message. Please refer to this  article for more information regarding S-Force Front Surround and S-Force Surround 3D features on a TV. Please click here for information on how to listen to the Dolby Digital technology 5.1 surround sound through your TV. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (3,206 Views)

Thank you for the canned response. As I stated, I'm not using a TV. I'm using a projector and a S-Force PRO Surround sound bar. I might have marked your response as a solution had you addressed any of my questions instead of redirecting me to articles about TV's and not bothering to read my questions.

Message 4 of 5 (3,201 Views)

The HTCT660 is a 2.1 HT System. The S-Force PRO Front Surround 3D feature of the HT system is a technology that simulates a surround sound. This would simulate a 5.1 surround sound using the 2.1 speaker system. 

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (3,184 Views)

Okay, so I was lied to... Thanks for the info!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook