Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: STR-N860 selection of "TV" on AVR remote fails to switch / why the omission of FM antenna connector?

[ Edited ]

New STRDN860 connected to 9-yr old KDL-46W4500 via HDMI and Toslink.

HDMI Control enabled both ends and shows up on the TV menu in two lines.

When viewing an alternative input such as "Game" (PS3 in this case) and then pressing "TV" on the receiver remote (or selecting Home, Watch, TV) the TV logo appears on the screen and the receiver display changes to "TV" but the display and sound remains on Game.  

This did work at one earlier point, (possbily before I updated the firmware, thinking I should.)  After reseting HDMI Control, now a message shows up after selecting "TV" saying "Enjoy the audio from the TV by pressing a channel button." 

At any time I can press a channel button (or up/down) on the TV remote and both video and audio will switch to the TV.

I've tried a different HDMI cable and reseting both the TV and amp but there have been no changes.  

Is that how it's supposed to work or perhaps my TV is too old?

Message 2 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: STRN860 selection of "TV" on receiver remote shows as selected on receiver display but actually fails to switch

Hi KiwiME,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific.

Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (99 Views)

Re: STR-N860 selection of "TV" on remote fails to switch / why the omission of FM antenna connector?

[ Edited ]

If you follow your link you will see this community site is where it leads and that is how I got here in the first place.  

If you look on the forum page you will see the text "We officially support users from the US, Canada, Latin America and Asia Pacific."  So please explain your reponse, Joffery?

Never mind the issue I reported, it's not going away and I can live with it.  

More of concern is the omission of a coaxial cable antenna connection.  It's inconceivable that SONY would assume that all owners should be so fortunate as to receive a strong FM signal simply with the 1m length of wire out the back of the unit.  I'm in the city and yet get nothing usable.

EDIT:  thankfully the engneers had the last laugh over the accountants and left in a ground pin (next to the antenna pin) at the tiny Molex antenna connector.  I've found a matching plug and transitioned those two pins into a coax cable and now get good reception from my roof antenna.  This really is a major failing on SONY's part and I would hope the relevant people here pass the word along.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook