Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (601 Views)

Roku Ultra won’t pass thru signal

I have a new STR DN1080 and I’d like to pass it thru the amp to the TV. However, when I try to do that, no signal goes thru. I’ve tried switching cables and used different inputs with no results.

However, one thing to note that makes me think something is off: When I power down the Roku and power it back up, I get the initial Roku loading screen. And then nothing once completed.

Any advice?
Expert
Message 2 of 3 (489 Views)

Re: Roku Ultra won’t pass thru signal

Sounds like the Roku Ultra may be using some incompatible screen mode to the AVR or TV. The initiation screen on devices are usually lower resolution, highly compatible settings. Ince the initiation screen is complete it switches to a higher resolution, different sampling rate, and color space. Thus, no picture. Make sure the reciever and TV are set to enhanced mode, HDMI deep color mode, or whatever it is called on your devices. Check the color space used on all devices in the chain. Turn off video processing in the reciever.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (434 Views)

Re: Roku Ultra won’t pass thru signal

UPDATE: So I tried plugging the cable into the Video 1 input...and it worked. I had it plugged into the SA-CD/CD input (just for the apparent audio boost circuitry...) 

Now I have two other weird issues:

1. Whenver I turn on my PS4, it switches over to the Roku. The PS4 is plugged into the 'Game' input.  

2. If I turn off the PS4, but put it into low power mode...and then I activate the Roku (but hitting the Home button on the remote), it turns the PS4 on...and it switches to the PS4 input! I don't have this problem if I turn the PS4 completely off.

The joys of figuring out these weird glitches Smiley Happy 

ag

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook