Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Groovin'
luisgarza07
Accepted Solution

STR-DA2800ES update interrupted

I tried to update the firmware on my STR-DA2800ES, but after the file finished downloading, the installation was interrupted when my young daughter accidentally pressed the power button on the receiver. It turns on, but feel like there's something a little off... since the firmware upgrade, the receiver (less than a month old), will not display the speakers (I have 6.1 speakers attached to the receiver) on the front display panel, and the front Blue Light will not turn on with DTS audio even if the front panel says it's receiving that kind of signal. I've already tried resetting the receiver back to factory settings, but am unable to run the firmware install again, since the receiver says its already installed. Is there anything I can do to reinstall the update, or get any of the settings I mentioned to work OK?
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: STR-DA2800ES update interrupted

Hi Luis,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Disconnect all the Speakers and re-establish the connections. Also, try changing different surround modes in the Receiver. Firmware update cannot be re-installed in it.

If the issue persists, get the Receiver physically examined. Click on the below link to initiate the service request:

https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.