Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Tuning Up
whcollier
Accepted Solution

STR-DH720

When I am connected to TV via optical cable the speakers shut off after about 1 1/2 hours, the speaker indicator lights go out but receiver stays on. When I shut it off and restart they come back on for approximately the same time.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
whcollier

Re: STR-DH720

whcollier wrote:

When I am connected to TV via optical cable the speakers shut off after about 1 1/2 hours, the speaker indicator lights go out but receiver stays on. When I shut it off and restart they come back on for approximately the same time.

Do I have a setup problem or is there something wrong with my receiver?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Thank you for your post,

If you have connected a subwoofer with an auto standby function to the Sony receiver, turn OFF the function when watching movies. If the auto standby function is set to ON, it turns to standby mode automatically based on the level of the input signal to the subwoofer, and the sound may not be output.

This issue could have also occurred due to a faulty cable. Try replacing the optical cable and check if it resolves the issue.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
whcollier

Thank you for your response, I will check my set up, if that doesn't work I will change the cable.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
harleyman

What does Auto On have to do with him loosing all his speakers?

If their is no output to his powered sub then all other speakers should work still...

So..you are saying basically that a Powered Sub will shut down all speakers if their is no Bass signal sent?? Really? seriously ?

And a working cable will just stop , and then start on a reboot ?

I would say it seems maybe more like a overheating issue ...
Please use plain text.