Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (547 Views)

STR-DH770 speaker sound not working through HDMI

My Sony STR-DH770 suddenly stopped playing sound through the speakers when it is connected to any of the HDMI ports.  I had a few different devices plugged into the receiver (Samsung smart TV, Apple TV, computer etc.) and when I would play something with sound, no sound would come out of the speakers.  The weird thing is that music comes out of the speakers just fine when connected to my phone via bluetooth and also if I plug headphones into the receiver I can hear whatever is playing just fine.  I haven't changed any settings/connections and this all just happened out of the blue.  

I've tried resetting the receiver to factory settings, and I've also tried switching HDMI ports and a couple different HDMI cables.  Another weird thing is that when I put the receiver on a few of the different equalizer modes (stadium etc) the sound will come out of the speakers.  Any ideas on how I can fix this/if it can be fixed?  I called Sony's phone support but as I am a few months outside of my 2 year warranty, they basically told me they couldn't help me and sent me here.

Message 2 of 2 (442 Views)

Re: STR-DH770 speaker sound not working through HDMI

Hi Theodmic,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Kindly send your receiver for repair in the link below.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook