Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 1 of 4 (746 Views)

STR-DN 1080 defaulting to Multi Channel - SO ANNOYING, want to RETURN

[ Edited ]

No matter how many times I set the default to AFD or Direct, it automatically defaults to Multi Channel regardless of what content is being played.

On the PS4? Defaults to Multi Channel 

On the PC? Multi-Channel?

TV via ARC? Multi-channel

That sweet Sony 800 UHD player? Multi-channel

My TV is the Z9D and THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR GOING ALL SONY?!??!

PLEASE TELL ME IM NOT THE ONLY ONE. 

I READ THE FLIPPIN MANUAL AND THERE IS NO WAY TO TURN THIS ****** AUTO MULTI CHANNEL MODE THING OFF. 

No, I WILL NOT DISABLE HDMI CEC. 

A little help here is appreciated. Thanks Smiley Happy 

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (667 Views)

Re: STR-DN 1080 defaulting to Multi Channel - SO ANNOYING, want to RETURN

Hello?
Expert
Message 3 of 4 (601 Views)

Anyone? 

Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4 (584 Views)

So you want all your devices to only output 2 channels? Probably aren't getting alot of takers because people don't get why you insist on this?

I am not a fan of Sony but you're going to run into similar issues with other brands. I use a LG OLED TV, Marantz receiver, Oppo UHD player, and Zidoo X9s android media player. The Zidoo is the only one I think I could enforcement stereo only. Of course I don't want to. That Zidoo magical switches output from stereo, DTS HD MA, Dolby True HD, Atmos, and DTS X as the content requires. The Marantz changes just as seemlessly in response to the Zidoo. Same for the Oppo. It has hard settings for certain things but will disregard them if there are unsupported combinations. And it's something that I prefer. You're going to run into similar issues whether it's all Sony or not. Information contained in each unit's EDID have been known to override user settings.

A potential way to enforce this to get an HD Fury Vertex and force EDID data to indicated the TV or reciever doesn't support multichannel. EDID parameters are followed even when TV, BD, and reciever settings are overridden. That may be your way to two channel bliss.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook