Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17 (1,686 Views)

Re: STR DN1040 network issues

[ Edited ]
Hey this is exactly what happened to my 1040. Did you find the solution?
Wifi stopped working. When i go to access point scan it never shows a network, but there are at least 10 around here. I tried factory reset and stills the same.
spi Rookie
Rookie
Message 12 of 17 (1,450 Views)

Press home (and wait) a few times, the proper menu will finally appear. This is some of the very worst UI design I have ever seen.
Message 13 of 17 (1,412 Views)

Hi spi,

Please make sure that the receiver has the latest software version.

If you can't connect wirelessly,try connecting it wired(Ethernet Cable) to your router. Then try resetting it to the factory default settings.

1. Press [POWER] button to turn off the receiver.

2. Hoild down [POWER] button for 5 econds.

The “CLEARING” appears on the display panel for a while, then changes to “CLEARED!”. Changes or adjustments made to the settings are now reset to the defaults.

Note:

It takes about a few minutes for the memory to be cleared completely. Do not turn the receiver off until “CLEARED!” appears on the display.

If problem still persist, kindly check the link below for further assistance.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34310/p/41901,43145,76515/c/65,66/kw/network

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

spi Rookie
Rookie
Message 14 of 17 (1,397 Views)

You're going to make people clear all their settings and re-do them again just because they change wifi network name/key??? Does this even make any sense to you giving people that kind of advice? What kind of moronic engineers design these products?

Rookie
Message 15 of 17 (781 Views)

Network Setting unavailable.

The STR-DN1040 displays on the TV okay and remote control of the Amp is evidenced by the cursor moving on the TV screen in response to pressing buttons on the remote, but ...

1. When I go to Menu, Settings, Network - the Network option is greyed out.  Selecting it with the remote gives the message "Not Available, Please wait for the Network to be ready for Setup".

2,  When I go to the Easy Setup, Start, Network Settings, Netwotk Settings is greyed out with the same on screen message.

3.  When I hard rest the amp (power off for 60sec and hold Power On button for 5secs I get the message "Cleared!" on the amp but the Network Settings are still unabvailable

4.  I have checked Wi-Fi signal and fixed LAN cable comnnection to routes at the AMp - both have have fast Ping responses.

I  have tried to hard reset a few times without sucess - what next?

Thanks

Message 16 of 17 (767 Views)

Hi Andy_Gibbins,

You may try sending your receiver for repair.

We recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ for further assistance.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 17 of 17 (58 Views)

Did anyone ever find a solution for this?  Mine has been like that a long time, I’m pretty much assuming the network hardware just fails.  Sounds like a lot of people with the same issue.  Maybe a ****** update bricks that part of the system?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook