Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 75 (1,127 Views)

Re: STR-DN1050 and Music Center

I knew I should have gone with the Denon when I was deciding what to pick, but this had the app control and NFC support. So much for that. I will never buy another Sony device and I will recommend to all friends and family to stay away. This includes Playstation devices. 

Message 42 of 75 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused, and thank you for your kind understanding.
Please note that all functions on these devices can still be operated by the main unit or remote control.You may refer to your model's instruction manual for more information.

Here's the link to the announcement: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/news-item.pl?mdl=STRDN1050&news_id=528.

Best Regards,

_Bob

Apprentice
Message 43 of 75 (1,004 Views)

Sorry for the inconvenience? This is not inconvenient. If you bought a new car, and 3 years later GM says "Oh, you can no longer use your headlights", I think you would be ready to go to court. That is what we should do. You have removed a key feature that many bought the unit for in the first place. I and many others who have posted here and at the Google play store will never buy Sony again.
Apprentice
Message 44 of 75 (980 Views)

"Sorry for the incovenience" LOL. A really nice joke - if it wan't for my money......

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/141409 - I quote: "Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products." and "... thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation". You Sony really have guts to insult your clients!

Apprentice
Message 45 of 75 (941 Views)

[ Edited ]

My proposal for the new Sony business plan:

1. Finish selling electronic devices.

2. Concentrate on your core competence: Give seminars and

workshops „How to scare good costumers off sustainably“:

Rookie
Message 46 of 75 (766 Views)

Count me in on this ****** Sony is pulling.

Enthusiast
Message 47 of 75 (839 Views)

Hi Bob,

As you candidature ses in Last comment, we don't understand and don't wan't to accept Sony choice to stop updating app for theses products.

So your job now Is to inform the right team to change it's choice and listen to your customers.

Regards

Mat
Apprentice
Message 48 of 75 (744 Views)

Yesterday a friend from the Watchuseek forums sent me a private message asking how I liked my Sony STR-DN1070, and I had to honestly tell him that while I liked it he should be aware that they already dropped app support for the 1050.

He's now trying to decide between the 1070 and a Pioneer VSXLX302 thanks to Sony's incompetence in handling this situation. WAY TO GO SONY! FIX THIS!
Apprentice
Message 49 of 75 (736 Views)

I would have advised him not to buy any Sony product. In another year or two, they will drop support of current units in favor of their newest one.
Rookie
Message 50 of 75 (506 Views)

Bob, one thing I demanded when I choosed my new Amp two years ago was the iPhona App. Now you dont support it any more. After two years!

Do your job and bring it back!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook