Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17 (1,415 Views)

Re: STR-DN1070 Google Cast Not Working

Have you tried only turning on the DN-1070, NOT your TV, and then setting the input selector on the unit to Internet Media Services?

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 17 (1,378 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have had this problem since update late 2016.

Music services (primarily Spotify) will not play thru STR-DN1070 unless I power down my TV monitor.

Process starts, then, after 2-3 seconds screen and audio go to black or switch back to previous source.

Rookie
Message 13 of 17 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't know what I have set that is different other than my power settings are to never sleep and allow the network to wake device. I haven't had a problem casting or adding to a group. I can't get my subwoofer to work with it however. If someone can point me to a thread on that it would be appreciated! It works on all other inputs just not casting.

Message 14 of 17 (1,273 Views)

Hi Bagsz,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Due to your location, please contact the nearest Sony office to you. You can find this information at:  http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector: AsiaPacific.

Hope this helps!

Regards, 

^Ron

Rookie
Message 15 of 17 (938 Views)

I'm having the same problem.

When I purchased the receiver two months ago (in Sweden) and the Chromecast connected and worked perfectly. Two updates later and it doesn't connect at all. Only Bluetooth works, though that can cut out after an hour. 

Is there a solution?

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 17 (928 Views)

Since this update in late April my cast is working 100% of the time

http://www.sony.com.au/support/download/617284/product/str-dn1070

Cheers,

Jason

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 17 of 17 (650 Views)

I've fought with this decive from day one. I've already vowed to never, ever purchase another Sony product. Sony originally shipped this device knowing Google Cast was hobbled to 2-Channel stereo output. Many of us fought with this device, and poured through the documentation, convinced we were doing something wrong with the settings. It took online chats and phone calls to tech support to discover the device simply wouldn't output Google Cast sources to multichannel stereo. No explanation was given as to why not, or whether it would ever fulfill this very reasonable expectation.

Post-firmware update my unit worked better–for a few months. The latest snafu is a failure to wake from standby mode when Google Cast connects. I have to manually power on. The only thing I use this unit for is to stream (using Google Cast as a source) music throughout my house. It is located in a hard-to-reach spot. I don't use it for video (don't own a TV) or use any physical inputs. I'm not asking much of this feature-packed device, and it is consistently failing to deliver.

Again, I will never purchase another Sony product. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook