Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 21 of 34 (790 Views)

Re: STR DN1070 Wired network problem

Hi, Ellested, Sony Community! 

You guys appear to be to located in Europe. It is possible that this issue occurs only in certain location/countries. Make sure the unit runs the latest software version. This link may be able to help us out as well with the issue: http://helpguide.sony.net/ha/strdn107/v1/en/contents/TP0000960423.html

Greetings and thank you for your message. For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 22 of 34 (776 Views)

VincentM you seriously point us to a "can't connect to the network" troubleshooting? Have you read the posts? :-)

The issue is not connecting. The receiver works fine when turned on and connected to the network. The problem is when you switch off the receiver it takes down the entire network until you unplug the LAN cable. In stand-by mode the receiver hammers the network with data. Only in LAN (Wired) not in Wifi.

We are all running the latest software.

Yes we come from europe - could it be that you have a different software team working on the units in Europe? There is an update that needs to be developed?

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 34 (686 Views)

I am experiencing the same issue...If I unplug the power and redo the wired network connection it will last a day and then chokes my network so bad that nothing can get out to the internet.  I have now switched to the wifi adapter.  Hope they fix this soon

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 34 (519 Views)

Is there any news about a new firmware update ?

Apprentice
Message 25 of 34 (516 Views)

Nope... Sony is silent as the grave...

I'm just starting to wonder if it actually is a firmware issue, or if it could be a physical problem...?

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 34 (475 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm having the exact same problem with a North American (US) STR-DN1050 model. I couldn't figure out why my network traffic was plummeting, and have a traffic analyzer on my router that clearly identifies the receiver as hogging all the bandwidth, to the point I was unable to even stream YouTube videos.

No firmware was available and all of the traffic was categorized under "Web Streaming" on the router. I've unplugged the receiver, as I use none of the web features on it. 

My only guess if Sony is hush hush about it, is that one of three possibilities:

1.) This is another compromised device that we've been hearing about in the news by government surveillance that is broadcasting a live video/audio feed

2.) It is a comprimised device being used in DDoS attacks as a zombie device

3.) There is a ridiculous bug in network coding that essentially causes the device to DDoS your own home network on accident, and was recently introduced with a firmware update

In any of the above, there is no reason to leave it plugged in as functionality hasn't changed since unplugging it. I have serious reservations about buying another Sony product of any kind in the future if I don't see some evidence that #1 and #2 aren't true.

Apprentice
Message 27 of 34 (420 Views)

Just use the WLAN instead of wired LAN, and your problems are gone. Only in America though, would someone even THINK of option #1 or #2... You could probably sue SONY for huge amounts of money as well, just to have them prove that you're wrong! Smiley Happy

By the way, SONY is a Japanese brand, not American, so I highly doubt there is any American Surveillance built into it! Smiley Happy
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 34 (356 Views)

I have the exact same issue! But I am also certain that the unit glogs up the network on Wifi too. Just not as often. Yesterday I played Overwatch on my PS4 pro wired connection. The 1070 was on wireless and I was experiencing some severe lag. I asked my friends on the team and they where fine (meaning: problem was local). Power cycled the 1070 and after that the lag was gone. If the 1070 is wired, it has the ability to shut down your network. If it is on wireless, I guess it only has enough juice to severely cripple your network.
Enthusiast
Message 29 of 34 (348 Views)

Distantholler did that happen while the receiver was switched on and operating? The wired issue starts when you switch off the receiver (stand-by) - in operating mode there is no issue on wired. So if it hammers the wifi network when operating, that might be something different?

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 34 (342 Views)

It was switched on. I just connected it to wireless (after having it not plugged in on wired.) To check for a fw update. I also have the issue on wired where the whole network dies. (100 mbit isp) Could be some strange coincidence but I doubt it. I'm calling Sony tomorrow.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook