Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 11 of 26 (609 Views)

Re: STR-DN1080 and Apple TV 4k

I have a vpl-vw365es Sony projector and I do not see such a setting. Any suggestion?
Apprentice
Message 12 of 26 (608 Views)

Is there an enhanced mode on the vpl-vw365es projector? I cannot find one in the menus. I’m running the latest firmware.
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 26 (602 Views)

I'm not familiar with the projectors, but I would look anywhere you can modify HDMI settings, also make sure you're using the "arc" port if possible.  I just know that the Android TV's for sony don't work with the 4K hdr, unless you turn it on for the specific ports on the actual TV.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 26 (593 Views)

Also not being familiar with their projectors, I don't see that it supports HDR on the specs for that particular one, so I'm not sure how that affects it, or if I'm just missing it somewhere.

Apprentice
Message 15 of 26 (584 Views)

Thanks. HDR was added to the vpl-vw365es projector via a firmware update. I’m running the Apple TV on 4k HDR 30hz mode. For some reason I cannot get it to work at 50 or 60hz though. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Enthusiast
Message 16 of 26 (563 Views)

Check the cable that your using, and make sure it's up to spec.  I've seen where "older" hdmi cables didn't work with the newer specs properly.  Also, are you plugged into the receiver?  If so, anyway you can plug the Apple TV directly to projector and see if it goes to 60hz?  Just to see if it's something to do with receiver.  Just some ideas.  The Apple TV will usually jump right into HDR mode if it senses the connection without you having to select a specific frequency.  If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Apprentice
Message 17 of 26 (542 Views)

@jedisky - thanks for the reply. I have verified that all components are running the latest firmware/software, along with ensuring cables are high speed. I also tested by directly connecting the AppleTv 4k to the projector and still didn’t have any luck running at 50 or 60hz. It must be the projector, but that doesn’t make sense either because according to the manual it states 60hz is supported, but maybe I’m misinterpreting it. Here’s a link to the manual - refer to page number: 51 (specifications, table row labeled “accepted digital signals”) - a bit of a mystery to me!

https://docs.sony.com/release//Manual_4580167011.pdf

Thanks for your help!
Enthusiast
Message 18 of 26 (503 Views)

Reading the manual I would understand it to support 60hz also, so I'm not sure what's going on, unless HDR is a difference maker on it somehow?  The only other think I picked up was that you had to use HDMI port 2 for the 2.2 spec, but I assume you tried all that.  Other than that, I got nothing.  Let me know if you figure it out and I'll let you know if I come up with something.  Thats an nice projector would be nice to get it to work.

Apprentice
Message 19 of 26 (497 Views)

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to check out the manual. I appreciate it. I’m connected to hdmi port 2. Totally puzzling. I’m very happy with the projector and image quality. The only other thing I can think of, and this may be a stretch, is the projector had to receive a firmware update to make it HDR capable. It wasn’t originally out of the box. Overall, however, if the Apple TV 4k works at HDR 30hz, then it should at 50 or 60hz. I wish Sony could chime in here. :-) thanks again for your time!
Message 20 of 26 (465 Views)

Hello, Djbakerian,

Thank you for considering Sony Community!

Greetings! Regarding your concern, both the receiver and the projector support 4K but the projector is not HDR compatible. For reference, you may check the link below and access the specs of the projector:

https://docs.sony.com/release//specs/VPLVW365ES_mksp.pdf

Regards, _Bob

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook