Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (261 Views)

STR-DN1080 annoying home menu popups while arc enabled

[ Edited ]

Hi,
As soon as I enable HDMI control (which enables actually both CEC and ARC functions), the home menu pops up each time I start the receiver or switches input. This ruins the activity usage through Logitech harmony.
It seems to be an old bug that affects other models too.
Could you please fix it for good ? It should not be too difficult « not to trigger » any menu in that situation.

Please understand that I don’t care about CEC but ARC is a must have to get benefits of netflix through the TV app with hdr.

My former receiver (marantz) had 2 separate settings : one to enable HDMI-CEC and another one for ARC and it worked perfectly.
Thank you

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4 (176 Views)

Re: STR-DN1080 annoying home menu popups while arc enabled

[ Edited ]

Hi albain,

I am sorry you bought this receiver as I am in the same situation with an older receiver with no Atmos support. I was looking for an Atmos receiver to buy during Black Friday but, thanks to you I know now not to buy a Sony receiver. If I were you I would look to returning it if possible and maybe pick up something else because this issue has been here for a while already with Sony showing no intent of resolving it.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)

I advise contacting support and trying to RMA or return the product. Best of luck!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (111 Views)

Hi,
I contacted Sony’s support and they finally accepted to report the problem to the technical teams, with no guarantee of course but this is a step forward

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook