Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (587 Views)

STR-DN1080 will not allow Goggle Home to control the receiver

Google home app sees the receiver but won't cast audio or control functions on the receiver. Anybody have a solution? Anybody have this receiver without this issue? Crutchfield says it a bug in the firmware but didn't say if it is Google or Sony that needs to fix it.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 6 (271 Views)

Re: STR-DN1080 will not allow Goggle Home to control the receiver

[ Edited ]

I see where Sony will ask non-american post to go to another Sony site. How about an answer to this post from the USA?

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (269 Views)

New question. Can a Google Home device control a Sony STR-DN1080 receiver as claimed in the advertisement? If so, where can I get help doing it?

Expert
Message 4 of 6 (238 Views)

Sony really doesn't do a good job of supporting it's North American customers from this site either. I think it was created with mutual support (customers helping customers) in mind. They drop in with links to procedures on the their site to troubleshoot issues and not much else.

Who needs to fix what is a good question that you as a consumer will only know if companies were frank and forthright. Since they frequently tend to not be that way, you'll probably never know. Often, they point fingers at each other to deflect blame attributed to themselves.

I will say there are better sources of mutual support you may want to try. AVS forums is a good source of AV information in general and has a dedicated thread for your receiver. Google "google home forum" and various choices pop up you can try. Of course Google Home has it's own support and probably will get you further down the road to sucess than trying to deal with Sony support.

I don't have a STR-DN1080 or Google Home so I can't help you directly.
Expert
Message 5 of 6 (224 Views)

Since you are in the US, I would suggest using Sony's phone support as well. If there is a problem that truely requires Sony engineering prople to get involved, they can forward you problem to them.
Rookie
Message 6 of 6 (193 Views)

Yep, having the same issue, I can cast from the Google Play app but no voice control wirh Google home assistant I even got the activate voice control message in the Google home app

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook