Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 1 (370 Views)

STR-DN840 Speaker A / Speaker B separation

I have an older STR-DN840 receiver.  I have speakers connected to the center, the front left and right and the surround left and right.  I also have outside speakers connected to the "Surround Back / Bi-AMP/Front HIgh/Front B" posts.  I also have a powered sub-woofer to the subwoofer output.  I have run through the auto-setup. I have the mode selected as 3/2.1.  I have the SB Assign set as "Speaker B".  What I want to be able to do is to press the speaker button on the front of the receiver and play audio inside on all speakers and then press the button again and play audo only on the outside speakers.  When I select the "Speaker B" selection, I get audio to the outside speakers, BUT, I am also getting audio on the Rear Surround speakers.

My question is, what settings am I missing?  I had this working once, but updated the firmware once connected to my network.  Now, it's not working ike I thought it should.  What am I missing here?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook