Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (268 Views)

STRDN1030 no picture output

Hi there.

Ive got a sony blu ray plaer and sky plus box as inputs to the STR DN1030 and my acer projector s my only output on my reciever. 

with either sky box or blu ray player on i am getting sound but no picture through projector.

i have connected the blu ray plyer directly to the projector and media plays fine.

all cables are working correctly.

cant see settings on screen so don't know whats not right. 

have factory reset the receiver as well but made no difference.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 2 of 4 (257 Views)

Re: STRDN1030 no picture output

Having same with a DH770.  If I get an answer I will let you know.

Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)

Hi Doddsy1987,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

How is the acer projector connected to the STR DN1030 receiver? Check and make sure that the proper cable/cord is properly hook up the receiver to the projector can resolve the no picture issue.

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Message 4 of 4 (214 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Digits4063,

What are the sorce device connected to the receiver? Below are the recommend solution to isolate the no picture issue:

Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.

NOTE: The Sony® Hookup Guide can provide you a customized hookup based on the available connection jacks on your A/V products.

1. Check if the input of the TV corresponds to the input used for the A/V device.

Follow these suggestions below:

• Make sure the TV and the A/V device such as a Blu-ray Disc® player are turned on.
    • Press the Input button on the remote control of the TV.
    • Switch the TV input to which the A/V device is connected.
    • Check if the TV has a picture.

NOTE: Follow the steps below if the A/V device is connected to the composite video input of the TV.

1. Press the Input button on the remote control of the TV.
    2. Select Video.

Video 1 input

2. Check if the cable is firmly connected to the TV and the A/V device.

There may be a case that audio or video does not output from the TV correctly if the cable connected to the TV and the A/V device is loose from the terminals.

3. Check if the input of the audio system (such as an amplifier or theater stand) is set to the input used for the video output device. Follow this step if the video output device is connected to the TV through the audio system.

Video Output Device

NOTES:

• Video is selected as shown in the image above, but select the appropriate input according to specifications of your device.
    • If there is no picture on the TV screen even after selecting the correct input, try following the connection [A] as shown below.You can do this if you have a spare cable. Connect the video output device directly to the TV and not through the audio system using an video cable. Then, check if there is a picture on the TV screen.

Video Output to TV

[A]:Video cable connection

[B]:Audio cable connection

[1]: Video output device (Example: BD/DVD player)

[2]: Audio system (Example: AV Amplifier)

[3]: TV

4. If you have a spare cable, replace the cable being used. Then, check if the situation has improved. Check whether the connecting cable is causing the issue.
  5. Connect the A/V device to another input of the TV to check if the input used on the TV is causing the issue. If it is the cause of the issue, follow these steps below.
    1. Connect the cable to another input of the TV.

NOTE: If you connected the cable to the component 1 input of the TV, remove it and connect the cable to the component 2 input of the TV.

2. Press the Input button on the remote control of the TV. Switch the input to the corresponding input that you connected in step 1. Then, check if there is a picture on the TV screen.
  6. Connect another A/V device to the TV.

Check whether the connected A/V device is causing the issue. If you have another A/V device, connect it to the same input of the TV used to the original A/V device. Then, check if there is picture on the TV screen.

7. Reset all the devices by disconnecting or reconnecting the power cords.

If the issue is caused by external factors such as your network service or the connected devices, resetting the devices may improve the situation.

Reset the devices and update software.

Follow the steps below to reset the devices.

1. Turn off the connected device and the TV.
    2. Unplug the power cords of the device and the TV.
    3. Allow both the device connected and the TV to remain without power for 30 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cords of the device and the TV back into the electrical outlet.
    5. Turn on the connected device and the TV.
  8. Perform a factory reset.

You may access the steps in this link: 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40230/p/41901,43145,70338/c/65,66/kw/no%20picture.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook