Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (1,017 Views)

Sony HT-ST5000 problem with HDR from XBox One X

[ Edited ]

When I connect my XBOX One X directly to my TV (Sony XBR65X930E) using HDMI I get full 4K with HDR. But when I run the XBOX through my Sony ST-5000 Sound Bar and then to my TV, I only get 4K, I lose the HDR (according to my XBOX).

I've made sure my TV HDMI input settings on my TV are set for Enhanced Format. I've also checked out my HDMI cables which are high speed and support HDR when connected from the XBOX directly to the TV.

Does anyone know why I'm losing HDR when I run the XBOX through the sound bar then to the TV?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 2 of 4 (976 Views)

Re: Sony HT-ST5000 problem with HDR from XBox One X

Solve the problem and my XBOX One X now runs full 4K HDR through my Sony ST-5000 sound bar and into my Sony XBR65X930E TV. It works, looks and sounds amazing.

SOLUTION

The Sony ST-5000 sound bar has a HDMI Signal Format setting similar to the one on the Sony TV. Both TV and Sound Bar must be switched from the Standard (factory setting) to the Enhance Format (HDR capable setting).

To change the HMDI Signal Format setting from Standard to Enhance Format on the Sound Bar, using the Sound Bar remote control press Home / Settings / System Setup / HDMI Setup / HDMI Signal Format. (Note: Each HDMI input on the sound bar can be set to standard or enhanced format so make sure you set the input you are using or switch them all to enahance).

To change the HMDI Signal Format setting from Standard to Enhance Format on Sony XBR Series TVs, using the TV remote control press Home / Settings / External Inputs / HDMI Setup / HDMI Signal Format. (Note: There is only one setting set both input 2 and 3 on the TV from standard to enhanced. Make sure to use one of these two inputs when connecting your XBOX or other HDR device to your TV. Also, only Input 3 on the TV support ARC so if your are running your XBOX through the ST-5000 like I am be sure to plug the sound bar in HDMI 3 on the TV).

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (536 Views)

Hello,

I am having the same exact issue; only difference is I am using an LG B6 instead of a Sony TV. I have enhanced on the HDMI signals through the HTST5000, HDR allowed on the Xbox One X, and have all HDMI inputs on the LG B6 to support Ultra HD.

My issue is when I am playing an HDR capable movie (Dunkirk which I had purchased through the Xbox One store) when it switches to the movie it loses connection and states on the TV "There is no HDMI signal input."

Now if I turn allow HDR off I do not have the issue and the movie plays fine. Anything I can do to alleviate this issue? I know the B6 IS capable of HDR and Dolby Vision.
Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (342 Views)

Hello,

I am also having a similar issue but my Xbox One X is directly plugged into HDMI 2 on my XBR65X930E and it runs the audio through ARC HDMI 3 to my receiver (Pioneer Elite SC-81) for surround sound. I’ve had the x930e for a little over a month and did not have this issue before and yes the HDMI enhanced is selected. I called Sony yesterday and they told me to hard reset the TV by unplugging it while it’s on. It worked after everything reset and I did not have a loss of signal on the a TV when playing HDR content but later that night when I tried to play HDR content, again no signal. I wonder if it’s an issue with he Xbox or the TV...not sure what to do and thinking about trying to return the TV.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook