Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (137 Views)

Sony HTCT790 Sound Bar No sound just a message either Please Wait or Stand by

This is my 2nd Sony HTCT790 Sound Bar w subwoofer as my first one went up in 19 days. I have had the unit for 2 months now and normally when I turn on my TV, it will turn on and the sound will come out of the soundbar and subwoofer.

Now it says PLEASE WAIT and the sound never comes on. I really need to fix this issue as my wife is getting really angry and so am I. I have it hooked up VIA ARC cable and everything was fine unti; yesterday.

Even when going to the menu screen (which takes forever to show up) it doesnt help me at all of solving this issue.

Message 2 of 3 (108 Views)

Re: Sony HTCT790 Sound Bar No sound just a message either Please Wait or Stand by

Hello Bheiser,

Since you can access your soundbar [Home] menu, you will need to update the firmware to the latest version (M34.R.2082).  This firmware helps improve the Audio Output condition where the HDMI handshake fails and you get a No Sound condition with the "Please Wait" messaging.  

To update your unit, press [Home] go to [Setup] in the upper right corner.  Then run the [Software Update].

Hope this helps you,

Chris

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (21 Views)

Re: Sony HTCT790 Sound Bar No sound just a message either Please Wait or Stand by

It didn't help. Called Sony support and where I purchased it from and got a refund. I decided to go with one of your competitors. It's a shame because I was a loyal Sony customer.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook