Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (838 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony MDR-RF985R headphones and Sony HT-NT5 Soundbar

I have a sony bravia xbr65930d television connected via optical digital cable (the HDMI ARC input is used for my cable dvr box) to a sony ht-nt5 sound bar.   I purchased the sony headphones MDR-RF985R and cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect them to the soundbar so that they will work.   While I can find where to make the connections on the headphone charger stand, I cannot find where the connection is on the soundbar.   Would the audio out come from the TV?   If so, would the sound be coming from the tv and not the soundbar and would that eliminate the subwoofer?     This entire set up has been a nightmare for me.   It took hours to get the soundbar to work with the television.   Any help would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 4 (810 Views)

Re: Sony MDR-RF985R headphones and Sony HT-NT5 Soundbar

Hi Pb4marian,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

We highly recommend connecting the MDR-RF985RK directly to your TV via headphones port.

Please chekc the cforrect setuip in the link below.

https://docs.sony.com/release//MDRRF985RK_EN_FR.pdf

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (256 Views)

I H as v an X940d. Is t here as sg Pecos L headphone port? I can't get my wireless Sennheiser 116 headphones to connect. They are not Bluetooth. You plug in a base unit into the TV and it communicateswith the headphones.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (242 Views)

Should be: I have an XBR75x940d. Is there a dedicated headphone port....

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook