Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 1 (654 Views)

Sony STR-DH750 lost HDMI Control with my Sony Bravia TV

I have a Bravia Sony TV connected to my Sony AV Receiver STR-DH750.  I now have a problem with the HDMI control between the TV and the AV Reciever.  Everything worked fine until 6 months ago.  Until then, when I turned to my TV it looked for an external device, then connected with it, and turned on my Sony AV receiver and I could control the volumne and mute on the Reciever with my TV remote.  Then, 6 months ago everything changed.  At that time I lost all HDMI Control between my Sony Bravia TV and my Sony Bravia AV Reciever.  But, since I know a electronics and how it works, I figured a work-around to fix the problem.  I pulled the plug on the receiver to kill all the power it, then waited 15 seconds and pulled it back in.  That forced it to reset and power up again, and then it worked fine again.  Ablout once every 2 or 3 weeks it would go out again, and I did the same procedure and it worked again, and again...etc.  Until about 3 months ago, and now it no longer works.  Since then I have changed to fiber-optic cable and the HDMI cable between the TV and the AV Reciever, to no avail.  Could there be a firmware update to the receiver that would fix the problem, or do I have to disconnect all 5 of my speakers and my other devices hooked-up to this Receiver and drag it dowm to Best Buy and have them take care of it with Sony, since it is still under Warranty.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook