Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (608 Views)

Sony STR-DN1050 Menu Corruption? Language, icon, and missing menu's

[ Edited ]

I'm having an issue with my receiver.  The menus are either missing, in Japanese, or look corrupted.  It no longer has all of its menus - some are just blank, and many menus are in Japanese.  English is the selected language but it still shows many menu items in a foreign Asian language.  The English menus once you are past Home are in English.

Rookie
Message 2 of 5 (102 Views)

Re: Sony STR-DN1050 Menu Corruption? Language, icon, and missing menu's

Did you ever get any feedback on this? I'm having the same issue. I assume its the same faulty HDMI h/w issue most people have been reporting?

20170319_112812.jpg

20170319_112818.jpg

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (84 Views)

Sony Care instructed me to send it back and offered to return it with either a new one or fixed one. Don't remember which. However, I unplugged the unit for a little while, tried grounding the plug (although its always only plugged into a surge protector), and it turned back on good as new.

Its been going pretty rock solid for almost a year since this issue without popping up, so I never sent it back to Sony and forgot about this issue until I received an email from the forum about your reply. I was really annoyed when this happened since the receiver isn't cheap, but I've been using it on a daily basis since we got it and its held up well after this issue went away. Best of luck.

Rookie
Message 4 of 5 (74 Views)

Ok thanks. I've done the resets, unplugged it, tried firmware updates but nothing seems to fix it. I have a warranty plan that I'm going to use and start a claim before it expires at the end of the year. It worked great for a good 2 years, still does, besides these graphics...

Message 5 of 5 (30 Views)

Hi Mabo_1986,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

I sent you a private message.

Regards,

~Erin

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook