Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Tuning Up
asingh98
Accepted Solution

Sony STRDN1030 Receiver, connected to TV using the Component Video. But no Menu appearing

Just got new Sony STRDN 1030 and hooked up the audio and Video. Connected TV using component as that is only option with my Panasonic Plasma. But I am unable to get any video even menu to display on the TV. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: Sony STRDN1030 Receiver, connected to TV using the Component Video. But no Menu appearing

Hi asingh98,

You can display the GUI (Graphical User Interface) or the on-screen menu of the A/V receiver on the TV screen only with an HDMI connection. The GUI Menu cannot be displayed if the receiver is connected to the TV using component cables.

However, if there is no video signal at all from the receiver to the TV, then there may be an issue with the video output resolution selected in the receiver. Select the appropriate video resolution and check if it helps.

Ensure that you have selected the correct input in the TV and the receiver.

Connect different devices to the Receiver and check if the same issue occurs with other video devices too.

If the issue is not resolved, try using a different cable to connect the receiver to the TV. You may refer to the Sony connection guide for instructions in setting up the correct cable connection.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/tutorial-display.pl?tut_id=438&mdl=STRDN1030

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.