Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (582 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony XBR-49X850B and a Sony STR-DG710 receiver

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a Sony XBR-49X850B and a Sony STR-DG710 receiver and I'm trying to set up the tv sound through the system. I really don't need anything spectacular, I just want it to work.

I tried with the HDMI cable with no success. I was fiddling through the TV settings and the STR-DG710 was not on the list of supported receivers, probably because its more than a bit older than the tv. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like it will work with Bravia Sync.

I'm also tried the red and white audio cables but also no success.

I'm seeing that I can go through the headphone jack but I wanted that as the last resort.

The other option is an optical cable which I haven't tried or bought yet.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

Message 2 of 4 (512 Views)

Re: Sony XBR-49X850B and a Sony STR-DG710 receiver

Hello BobL

Greetings and thank you for your message. Based on the models provided you can use either the Digital Audio Out Optical or the Audio Out / headphone port from your television into one of the available ports on your receiver since it is not compatible with the Audio Return Channel (ARC) to be able to receive the sound sent by the television using an HDMI connection. Once you have used one of the previous options it is required to make the following menu changes described through the next links on your television to allow the sound to be sent to your receiver.

Optical audio connection: 

http://docs.esupport.sony.com/imanual/NA/2014/XBR-65X850B_55X850B_49X850B_NA/uc_uen/c_asys_uc_opt.ht...

Audio Out / headphone connection:  

http://docs.esupport.sony.com/imanual/NA/2014/XBR-65X850B_55X850B_49X850B_NA/uc_uen/c_asys_cable.htm...

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (497 Views)

Thank you for the solution.

I would think that the red and white audio cables would be the most basic solution before going to the headphone jack? Seems strange.

Message 4 of 4 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello  BobL, 

The television model XBR-49X850B, only provides the Audio Out / Headphone stereo mini jack port for analog connection which would be the port that you would need to use to send the audio to your receiver with a Y- type of cable (stereo mini jack in one end to red/white on the other side)  if you don't want to use the Digital audio out Optical port instead.

Regards, 

Jeannette

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook