Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (1,123 Views)

Sony ht-ct660 volume problem

I have a Sony ht ct660 that I love......kinda, if it worked properly. For some reason when I turn the volume up past 35 the volume does not increase. It actually decreases. I have HDMI out from my DTV receiver to my sound bar and out to my older Samsung dlp TV. I have my computer connected the same way and same issue. I have tried HDMI to my TV and spdif out to the bar and same result. I love the bar but am thinking about grabbing the vizio 5.1 if I can't get this figured out. I have messed with every conceivable setting and nothing changes. I have searched Google and can't seem to find similar problems. I'm hoping the bar isn't bad because I got it second hand. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 2 (1,085 Views)

Re: Sony ht-ct660 volume problem

Hi sawbuck73! Please make sure that your TV speakers are either turned off or set to Audio System (on your TV menu). If it is, try to RESET sound bar first to its default settings (see page 33 of the manual) then adjust adjust LEVEL option on it (page 27). You can also try adjusting the soundfield (page 26). If you need further assistance, please post on Sony UK Community here

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook