Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)

Speaker setup on an old STRDE544

Hello. I have had this receiver for many years and it has always just worked. Recently I had to move my entertainment center around and when I reconnected it I can only get audio through the Center speaker. I am hoping it is just a setting.

I have all audio coming out of my TV through the Optical In connection. I have 3 speakers connected. I have L-C-R with the L/R in the A front speaker connections. I have indepently tested all 3 speakers in the center spot and all will play sound fine so I do not think the speakers are bad. But any sound that plays to the L or R channels produces no sound. If I run a tone test, it will only output from the center as well with nothing at all from L or R.

I had it in this configuration for a solid 6 years prior to moving it and it always worked fine, but I can’t seem to find the settings that will make the L-R work again. I have the A speaker button selected on the front of the system.
Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)

Re: Speaker setup on an old STRDE544

Hi Jrsetters,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened. To isolate the no sound issue you have encountered, we recommend following the steps from this link:

If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook