Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (1,032 Views)

UPDT displayed on SONY HT RT3

hello everyone.

I have recently purchased sony ht rt3 home theatre system, and it is working fine, but strangely i can see the words UPDT (update) displayed on the display of the subwoofer. My remote is not taking any commands (except dimmer button is working). i cannot even change the inputs. i have to use the songpal app to make changes.

I searched the manual but there was no mention of anything on this. Can  you please help? how to remove this or how to make sure that the update is happening.

this is happening for the past 2 hours. it gets switched off and switched on again but all i see is the word UPDT constantly displayed

Rookie
Message 2 of 7 (935 Views)

Re: UPDT displayed on SONY HT RT3

I have the same issue on my HT-CT390 Sound Bar

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 7 (704 Views)

I had the same problem. But iv'e turned it off.
The UPDT is no more.
No i see Firmware version 1.050.
What version do u have?
Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (631 Views)

I'm having the same issue with my HT-CT390. Update is the only thing that is displayed on my sound Bar. Remote won't work other than turning it up and down. Song Pal which is now Sony Music Center is the only way I can control my sound Bar. I researched updates for this sound bar but nothing has come up. Is there a resolution

Rookie
Message 5 of 7 (623 Views)

I managed to reset my sound bar by following the instructions provided in the guide page 27.

While holding INPUT, touch VOL - and POWER button for 5 seconds. The Bar will reset and UPDATE will disappear.

Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (192 Views)

I have the same issue with the ht-rt3. Kindly advice what to do.
Message 7 of 7 (182 Views)

Hi Sbatal,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific.

Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook