Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (728 Views)

VPL VW350ES shows frequency out of range for 4k

I am working with ONkyo TX NR3030 , Samsung blu ray player K8500 with sony projector VPL VW350ES. I have tried setting NR3030 to through mode or source mode using HDMI 3 connected to HDMI2 on projector to get the Samsung K8500 to work for 4k but it just does not work. upto 1080p/60 works fine but when i switch it to 4k projector show no images. 
sometime i will get frequency out of range from projector.

All other modes work but not 4k. ( tried amazon , netflix , 4k blu ray).
My cables are rated for UHD (18Gbps). I have tried 35 feet, 10feet and 4 feet cables but same result. No image. 

Also, i tried to work the 4k resolution setting on receiver without the blu ray player and tries PS4. it still does not show any image and shows frequency out of range warning on projector. So far i have not been able to hook up any true 4k device to produce an image from this 4k projector. 

Message 2 of 5 (693 Views)

Re: VPL VW350ES shows frequency out of range for 4k

Hi RaunCh1,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Please send me a private message regarding this issue so we can further assist you.

Regards,

^Ron

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi how was this resolved - I am getting the same error with my SONY VPL-VW320ES connected to a Yamaha 3060 Amp - both items are 4K compliant.

Message 4 of 5 (540 Views)

Hi Msondh,

Welcome  and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (534 Views)

I would say start with cables. Test different cables out to see if any work. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook