Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (470 Views)

VPL-VW675ES Firmware Update

Dear Sony Support and Community,

I am the proud owner of the Sony Model # VPL-VW675ES Projector (amazing picture quality) and one suggestion for a firmware update I had and wanted to pass on to the Software Engineers to make it even better (simple change):

When an HDR signal is received, please have the projector automatically turn the LAMP CONTROL mode to "HIGH", which is needed for the added contrast-ratios of HDR.  

Then, when a standard signal is received, revert back to the User programmed mode, whether or not they prefer "LOW" or "HIGH" mode with standard SDR signals.

JVC is doing this with their newer projectors, and seems Sony should be ahead of the game, since HDR is becoming the norm with 4K signals and streaming services.

Hope this helps and please let me know if it's possible to send this to the Sony Engineers, or how to provide this information.

Thanks,

Patrick Koegler

Message 2 of 2 (407 Views)

Re: VPL-VW675ES Firmware Update

Hi KDEDirect,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Good day, and thank you for the comment. We are more than happy to forward your feedback onto the proper department. We place a very high value on feedback from our customers because it allows us to continue to improve.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook