Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 1 (439 Views)

WORKAROUND WIRING OF SONY STR-DN1030 AV RECEIVER TO ENABLE 4K VIDEO (& AUDIO), DirecTV GENIE, SAMSUNG 4K TV

[ Edited ]

I want to keep my Sony STR-DN1030 AV Receiver - but need advice on how to wire things to enable 4K use of new Samsung 4K TV and DirecTV Genie HR-54 Set-Top Box. Can you recommend workaround wiring configuration that will enable the 4K video functionality of the new TV (in light of the Sony AV Receiver's 1080P (versus 4K) video capability.

My current configuration is pretty simple: From my older DirecTV set-top box, the AV signal goes directly via HDMI cable to my Sony AV Receiver (STR-DN1030) SAT/CABLE HDMI Input, and out to my older 1080P Plasma TV (video) and 7 speakers (audio).  But to get that 4K capability, I'm willing to try a workaround.  Here's what I've got:

1. The Sony AV Receiver SONY AV RECEIVER is equipped with multiple HDMI inputs (including "TV OUT/ARC" output); along with "SAT/CATV Optical" input, and "TV Optical" Input, etc.) 
  2. The new Samsung 4K TV (UN55KU750DFXZA) SAMSUNG 4K QUICK SETUP is equipped with multiple HDMI inputs (including "HDMI IN ARC" and "HDMI CABLE/SAT"), and 2 x COMPONENT INPUTS)
  3. DirecTV HR-54 Genie Set-Top Box  DIRECTV GENIE HR-54 is equipped with an HDMI Output, Digital Audio Output, and Optical Coax Output.

HELP!

SCOTT

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook