Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (200 Views)

XBR55X900E w/ HT-CT290 Sound bar sound not in sync

Just got my XBR55X900E w/ HT-CT290 Sound bar and it seeem to get out of sync after watching a while.  I worked for about a week but now it's happening.  Connected with HDMI to the correct HDMI.  I've tried all the settinga dn TV and Sound bar are up to date.  Any fixes or do i need to contact sony?

One odd thing is that if i switch the channel on the cable box it seems to reset for a few minutes.  Then it goes out of Sync again.  Onyl thing i haven't tried is to unplug the unit and reset it that way.

thanks

Tony

Message 2 of 2 (88 Views)

Re: XBR55X900E w/ HT-CT290 Sound bar sound not in sync

Hi Willy0508,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Our apologies for the delayed response. Below are the steps we can follow to isolate the issue.

There are a number of circumstances that can cause the audio and video to be out of sync:

• If watching a TV program, it could be the broadcast itself or a bad connection between your cable/satellite set-top box (if applicable).
  • If a DVD or Blu-ray Disc® player is connected, a poor connection or the disc itself could be the cause.
  • When connected to a home theater system with a digital optical cable, then there may be an audio delay that requires a manual adjustment on the home theater system. There may even be a setting on the TV itself causing this issue.

NOTE: Because each of the steps below represents a possible solution to this issue, check if the issue is resolved after completing each step.

1. Make sure that the TV has the latest system software (firmware) installed.

NOTES:

2. If watching a TV program, try changing the channel to see if the problem occurs on other channels; if it only occurs on one channel, then the issue is with the broadcast.

NOTE: If the issue occurs on one channel only, contact the broadcast network provider.

3. Make sure all cables are securely connected to the TV and the source device (set-top box, DVD player, Blu-ray Disc player, home theater system, or game console).
  4. Try playing a different video source to determine if the issue occurs with other connected devices.
  5. If your TV has a Game Mode setting, do one of the following:
    • Set the Game Mode to Off when watching TV or playing a DVD or Blu-ray Disc.
    • Set the Game Mode to On when playing a video game.
  6. If issue is happening when using TV speakers, perform a power reset on the TV.
  7. If there is a home theater system and a digital optical cable is used in the connection, manually change the Audio/Video Sync or Audio Delay setting on the home theater system (if available).

NOTES:

• Audio delay adjustments usually range from 0ms to approximately 250ms.
    • For information about the availability of A/V sync or Audio Delay setting, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Go to Manuals, Specifications & Warranty.
    • For a third-party home theater system, check the instruction manual or contact the manufacturer for information on how to adjust the A/V sync setting.

If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook