Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Tuning Up
beelercat

how do i hook a phono with rca plugs to a sony str-dh710, as so far im not getting sound

i have a str-dh710 and have been tring to hook up a phono with rca plugs and cant seen to get any sound

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: how do i hook a phono with rca plugs to a sony str-dh710, as so far im not getting sound

Hello John,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

The STR-DH710 does not have any Phono input therefore you couldn't get any sound.  However, doing an internet search will help you find a phono to rca adapter.

Regards,

Charlie

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: how do i hook a phono with rca plugs to a sony str-dh710, as so far im not getting sound

[ Edited ]

Hello John,

Are you trying to connect a TurnTable to the A/V Receiver?

This Receiver does not have a PHONO input jack.

Standard turntables that do not have a built-in pre-amplifier require a specific amplified PHONO input on the A/V receiver in order to operate correctly.

If the A/V receiver does not have a PHONO input and the turntable is connected either through an AUX or audio input, the turntable signal will need amplification from an external pre-amplifier (or an inline amplifier).

Without amplification of the turntable signal, low or no audio will occur.

NOTE: Sony does not produce a stand-alone turntable pre-amplifier. You may wish to check with your local Dealer for further assistance.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
Bestware

[ Edited ]

I think you need a preamp, something like the following:

ART DJPRE II Phono Preamplifier Dual RCA Type Inputs and Outputs Switchable Low Cut Filter

http://www.amazon.com/ART-II-Preamplifier-Outputs-Switchable/dp/B000AJR482/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=13...

or 

Behringer PP400 Ultra-Compact Phono Preamp

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-PP400-Ultra-Compact-Phono-Preamp/dp/B000H2BC4E/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&q...

Please use plain text.