Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Tuning Up

how do i hook a phono with rca plugs to a sony str-dh710, as so far im not getting sound

i have a str-dh710 and have been tring to hook up a phono with rca plugs and cant seen to get any sound

Top 40 Artist

Re: how do i hook a phono with rca plugs to a sony str-dh710, as so far im not getting sound

Hello John,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

The STR-DH710 does not have any Phono input therefore you couldn't get any sound.  However, doing an internet search will help you find a phono to rca adapter.

Regards,

Charlie

Top 40 Artist

Re: how do i hook a phono with rca plugs to a sony str-dh710, as so far im not getting sound

[ Edited ]

Hello John,

Are you trying to connect a TurnTable to the A/V Receiver?

This Receiver does not have a PHONO input jack.

Standard turntables that do not have a built-in pre-amplifier require a specific amplified PHONO input on the A/V receiver in order to operate correctly.

If the A/V receiver does not have a PHONO input and the turntable is connected either through an AUX or audio input, the turntable signal will need amplification from an external pre-amplifier (or an inline amplifier).

Without amplification of the turntable signal, low or no audio will occur.

NOTE: Sony does not produce a stand-alone turntable pre-amplifier. You may wish to check with your local Dealer for further assistance.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Garage Band

[ Edited ]

I think you need a preamp, something like the following:

ART DJPRE II Phono Preamplifier Dual RCA Type Inputs and Outputs Switchable Low Cut Filter

http://www.amazon.com/ART-II-Preamplifier-Outputs-Switchable/dp/B000AJR482/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=13...

or 

Behringer PP400 Ultra-Compact Phono Preamp

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-PP400-Ultra-Compact-Phono-Preamp/dp/B000H2BC4E/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&q...