Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 11 of 18 (5,231 Views)

Re: I have ht-ct80 sound bar keeps turning itself off every 15min.

Hello there, shadyalhrtani!

If the power automatically turns off after a certain amount of time, the Auto standby function of the unit may be activated. By design, the sound bar enters into Standby mode automatically when it is not operated for about 15 minutes and not receiving any input signal. This is not a malfunction.

You can visit this link for more information:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43179/p/41901%2C44406%2C92955%2C95520/c/65%2C66/kw...

You may also visit this link for on how to troubleshoot a subwoofer that turns off by itself if necessary:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40309/p/41901%2C44406%2C92955%2C95520/c/65%2C66/kw...

Best regards,

~Sony's #1 Fangirl, Esther Smit
Rookie
Message 12 of 18 (3,690 Views)

Re: I have ht-ct80 sound bar keeps turning itself off every 15min.

[ Edited ]

I've been a satisfied Sony customer for over 35 years now.  From my tv sets, to stereos, to cameras, headphones, gaming consoles, all Sony.  Today I made a mistake I never make, I bought an electronic product without first researching it.  This soundbar is driving me crazy, and this type of thing is what makes happy consumers into unhappy ex-consumers.

I've tried every "fix" provided but the soundbar keeps turning off.  It's paired with a Sony HDTV, everything is right, but yet it keeps turning off. Sometimes even after an hour playing, it will turn off.

Anyone can give me some good advice, help me out before I trash this.  Even though I just bought it, I still have the receipt, I'm just too frsutrated to even go back and return this piece of ****.

Rookie
Message 13 of 18 (3,661 Views)

Re: my ht-ct80 sound bar keeps turning itself off every 15min.

Received this free with a new Sony TV. Sound is fine until I try use it as a Bluetooth soundbar. In parts of films when no talking takes place the soundbar turns off. Its quite annoying . it turns back on when the vocals resume. This doesn't happen when I have it connected via optical cable. For this issue alone I will replace it for another make as its seems to be a terrible by user reviews. Just glad I didnt pay for it. WO t take the chance with another Sony soundbar.
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 18 (3,351 Views)

The soundbar has this auto shut off function after 15 mins, which happens if the soundbar senses a low volume signal from the TV. One way to get around this is to turn your soundbar volume all the way down to the lowest setting, then turn up your TV volume to a substantial volume (to enable the soundbar to sense a high enough volume signal from the TV), then adjust the soundbar volume to your desired level.

Hope it helps!
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 18 (2,361 Views)

We have a HT-XT100. It shuts on and off by itself. Even with no input cable connected. If we shut it off, at some point it will turn itself on. Then it will flash standby and at some point will turn itself off. There is no rhyme nor reason. No time definitive involved.
Enthusiast
Message 16 of 18 (2,316 Views)

Do you have it connected to a bluetooth device? If yes increase the volume of the device and then try to use the soundbar.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 18 (2,265 Views)

No, it's cutting off and on when it's not even connected to anything.
Message 18 of 18 (2,200 Views)

Hi Cheylynn,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

If the power automatically turns off after a certain amount of time, the Auto standby function of the unit may be activated. By design, the sound bar enters into Standby mode automatically when it is not operated for about 15 minutes and not receiving any input signal. This is not a malfunction.

NOTE: This can also happen if the input signal sound level is low. To avoid this, turn up the input signal of the source device. For example, if the source signal is a TV, turn the volume up on the TV itself.

NOTES:

• This function is designed to cut down the power consumption of the device.
  • This function and the timer cannot be changed.

If this problem occurs despite having an input signal, the signal may be weak that the unit cannot detect the device. To troubleshoot, perform the following:

• If connected to a Set Top Box, increase the volume of the Set Top Box and adjust the volume of the SoundBar.

NOTE: We recommend setting the Set Top Box to the highest volume.

• If connected to the headphone output of a TV, in the TV's sound settings set the output to external. If this function cannot be set, increase the volume of the TV.

NOTE: Additional information on how to connect a sound bar to the TV is available.

If you have verified that the sound bar is connected properly to the TV and the verified the information in this article but the sound bar continues to turn off, service may be required.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook