Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 24 (34,495 Views)
Accepted Solution

sony ht-ct550w no sound to wireless subwoofer.

I have tried the troubleshoot recommendations but can not get sound from wireless subwoofer.  Indicator light on subwoofer stays red.  Sound bar works fine.

Expert
Message 2 of 24 (34,480 Views)

Re: sony ht-ct550w no sound to wireless subwoofer.

Hello Will
Welcome to Sony Community.

The LINK/STANDBY indicator on the subwoofer turns red when the receiver is in standby mode or wireless transmission is not activated.

Check that the wireless transceivers are inserted correctly into the wireless transceiver (EZW-RT50/EZW-RT20) slot on the rear panel of both the receiver and the subwoofer

To activate the Wireless Transmission, follow the below steps:

1) Select “WIRELESS” in the AMP menu, then press right arrow button on the remote.

2) Select “SECURE ON,” then press right arrow button on the remote

3) “START” appears, then press

4) Press SECURE LINK on the rear of the subwoofer with the point of a pen, etc.

“COMPLETE” appears on the front panel display, and the LINK/STANDBY indicator on the subwoofer turns amber.

If “FAILED” appears on the front panel display, check to ensure the subwoofer is turned on, and try to perform the process again from step 1

5) Press AMP MENU.

If still there is no sound, then follow the below steps:

1) Move the subwoofer so that the LINK/STANDBY indicator turns green or amber.

2) Move the receiver or the subwoofer away from other wireless devices.

3) Avoid using any other wireless devices.

4) Press Power/Standby button to turn off the subwoofer, and check if anything is blocking the ventilation holes of the subwoofer.

Regards,
Colby

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 24 (34,463 Views)

Colby - I have the same problem with my wireless subwoofer. I have tried the fix as outlined above; however, I get a message of "no wireless device" when I try to reconnect the wireless transmission. I have relocated the subwoofer to be very close to the unit but I still have the same results. Any thoughts and / or help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Expert
Message 4 of 24 (34,448 Views)

Hello Chris,

If you use multiple wireless systems, such as a wireless LAN (Local Area Network) or Bluetooth, the wireless signals may be unstable. In this case, the transmission may be improved by changing the  RF Channel setting.
1) Select “WIRELESS” in the AMP menu, then press right arrow button on the remote.
2) Select RF Channel and then check by selecting 1, 2 or 3.

Regards,
Colby

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 24 (34,443 Views)

Colby,

Thanks for your response. I did try that. However, I only get to Amp Menu, Wireless - No Wireless Device. I was not able to make any changes to the secure link or the alternate RF channels. I do have a LAN set up, but I have had everything working together for almost a year now with no issues...until a few weeks ago that is. Any thoughts on the "No Wireless Device"?

Thanks.
Rookie
Message 6 of 24 (34,417 Views)

I just want to add that I have EXACTLY the same issue here, worked fine for a year (with Wifi), now it doesn't anymore. Yes, I did follow the instructions in the manual, and no, if there is "no wireless", you can't change the channel, can you?

Hope this can be solved quickly? Regards, Thomas

Rookie
Message 7 of 24 (34,414 Views)

OK, I took ultimate measures: Switched everything off incl. WiFi, unplugged the system, waited, plugged it in again and the Wireless showed up. I was able to connect it, then I switched the WiFi back on. Still works. Haven't found where I could change channels though...

Rookie
Message 8 of 24 (34,353 Views)

I have the same issue as well... and no one seems to be able to help. I have had the system for over a year - the set-up did'nt change at all. Around mid december the sub just stopped working with the red light. I have tried all the steps mentioned and get the same "no wireless device" message. You cannot even go into the menu you mention.

It is really frustrating... anyone else have any luck figureing this out?

Rookie
Message 9 of 24 (34,327 Views)

Has there been any follow up on this issue.  Had the sound bar less than a year and this has happened in last week.  No wireless detected either so can't complete any of the below solutions.  Tried turning all wireless off but nothing.  Is there anything to be done before sending it back to Sony under MF warrenty for fixing.

Regards,

Jake

Rookie
Message 10 of 24 (34,244 Views)

Bumping.....

Same exact issue here, getting a "no wireless device" message under the WIRELESS setting, no other options available. Had this sound bar for about a year without issues up until recently I noticed the subwoofer not working. Tried all the steps to reboot, including the shutting down my wireless, no success. Any other options Sony?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook