Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 25 (9,868 Views)

Re: sony ht-ct550w no sound to wireless subwoofer.

I also have this exact problem with my CT550W Wireless Subwoofer.  After about a year, one day it stops working, goes to the red light and won't go past "no wireless detected" on the menu.  Please tell me someone has figured this out.  How irritating is this?

Rookie
Message 12 of 25 (9,835 Views)

Same problem here. Why don't we get an anwar Sony?

I have had my system for five months when my subwoofer stopped working. Have done all the steps from the manual and from in here. With or without all my wireless routers turned on, it keeps telling me "No device" and the LED on the subwoofer stays red.
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 25 (9,813 Views)

I also have this exact problem.  Any advice would be great.  Selecting "wireless" from menu and says "no device".  Difficult to make changes in settings when it doesn't read the device in the first place.  Thanks.  

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 25 (9,796 Views)

Hello All, 

For all of you that are having trouble pairing your wireless sub to your system.  I just called sony.  They told me to do a cold reset and it worked.  You can find how to do this on page 43 of your manual about half way down on the ride side.  Press input, volume minus (-) and power and "cold reset" will appear on your panel.  Following that restart the system and enjoy your sub again.  Be sure to perform this cold reset from the front panel of your system and not the remote.  Hopefully it will work for you as it did for me.  

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 25 (9,469 Views)

Any resolution to this? I also have a no devise on my system. just randomly stopped working and now sony want 150 to fix. WTH!
Enthusiast
Message 16 of 25 (9,469 Views)

Cold reset is not working...Unpluggint everything is not working...Turning off my LAN is not working. This was working fine for about a year now just stopped. Any resolutions to this? I really dont want to pay 150 bucks to get this fixed.

Rookie
Message 17 of 25 (9,345 Views)

THe COLD RESET WORKED!!! - I had to try it twice because i did not have my fingers in the right places the first time - but now the green light is on and the sub works just like it did before

Rookie
Message 18 of 25 (8,344 Views)

The cold reset worked for my Dad.  helped him over the webcam.  Can't believe it worked!  Thanks so much for the suggestions.

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 25 (1,774 Views)

This is BS! It shouldn't be this hard. They come in a box together. I haven't hooked up to a tv yet. Waiting on it. I downloaded the SongPal app. It should be as simple as adding another speaker. Major Sony engineering fail. Did I mention the sounds like ****** without a sub?
Rookie
Message 20 of 25 (1,742 Views)

I got my sub linked but there's this sound coming from it is there a way to fix that or am I going to have to get a new one?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook