Welcome to the Community!

Home Theater Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (982 Views)

speaker a/p configuration for sony str dn840

I am trying to configure a str dn840 to play inside, outside and both.  Cannot figure out how to set up a/b speackers on the rear.  playing a only.  when I push the speaker button it only displays A.

Expert
Message 2 of 3 (962 Views)

Re: speaker a/p configuration for sony str dn840

You can connect front speakers to speaker Front A terminal then set the corresponding speaker pattern.

Set the two other speakers to the assignable terminal (surround back speakers). A ssign surround back to SP B under SB Assign (sur back Assign) after the FH SIZE option found on page 99 of the  STR-DN840  manual .

Moreover, set speaker pattern to 2.0. Set speaker selector to SP A for main room, SP B for outdoor room, SP A + B for both rooms by repeatedly pressing  SPEAKERS button on the front panel of the receiver (pages 35-36 of the  manual).   

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/Win-4K

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (47 Views)

Re: speaker a/p configuration for sony str dn840

Sam -

I have a similar problem with my setup.  I have two front speakers connected to Front A, a center speaker connected to Center, two back speakers connected to Left/Right Surround and a subwoofer.  I also have two outdoor speakers connected to "Surround Back/Bi-Amp/Front High/Front B".  I have run through the auto setup and have my speaker profile set to 3/2.1.  When I select speaker "B", I get audio from my outdoor speakers, but I am also getting the same audio from my rear speakers.  Is there a way to set this so that I only get audio to my outdoor speakers using "Speaker B"?  Or do I have something else going on?  Any help is appreciated!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook