Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Tuning Up
atifsaeed
Accepted Solution

what is push power protector message on sony bravia theatre all about and how to get the unit to wor

i got push power protector message on my bravia home theatre. I cannot get power to turn on. Checked all wires and rebooted the system many times. No Luck! Does any one know how to fix this problem. I am a loyal sony customer for years but found out on internet that this is a common problem with Sony systems> May have to try other brand now

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: what is push power protector message on sony bravia theatre all about and how to get the unit to

[ Edited ]

Hello,
Welcome to the Sony Community.

The "PROTECT" and "PUSH POWER" messages will flash alternately when the protective device of the amplifier has been activated because a strong signal was input, or if there is a short-circuit detected. Press the POWER button on the unit to turn off the system, and check the following items after “STANDBY” disappears.

1) Are the + and – speaker cords short-circuited?
2) Are you using only the specified speakers?.
3) Is anything blocking the ventilation holes of the system?

You may also refer to the following link for additional troubleshooting steps.
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39107/c/65%2C66/kw/39107

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
chikusri

Re: what is push power protector message on sony bravia theatre all about and how to get the unit to

Hello there - Did you get this resolved by any chance? I am running into the same scenario - please reply.
Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
SamT

It would be more helpful if you can provide the complete model number of your Sony Home Theater system. You can find the model number on either front page of the manual or on the front or back of unit. (e.g., BDV-E500W, DAVHDX287WC)

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
chikusri

Sam, My model number is: HBD-E770W

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
SamT

HBDE770W is the Bluray Disc player bundled with the BDVE770W Home Theater System.

Attached are the troubleshooting steps. You can also find this on page 58 of the BDVE770W operating instructions.

protector.JPG

If none of the steps would work, then unit is for service. Please enter the BDVE770W model number here to check for your available service options

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
chikusri

Sam,
Thanks for your reply.
How do I figure out whether the speaker cords are short-circuited or not?
Please use plain text.
SamT

[ Edited ]

You're welcome! :smileyhappy:

Please examine the speaker wires for tears or any shorts in the cord or frayed shielding and replace if necessary. Click here for more details. 

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
vikramsawarn

I got the same message. I removed all the speakers cables one by one and issue resolved now.
Please use plain text.
SamT

Glad to know it worked Vikramsawarn! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.