Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Occasional Contributor
USER-943378

Can't see wrench icon to update Chrome

When I visit the new Google Chrome Web Store page, I get a message that I am using an old version of Chrome. It also says that I need to go to the wrench icon on the top right to update Chrome. Well, I can’t see the wrench icon and obviously I’m not running a MAC so the solution provided in Help doesn’t work. Any hints other than change my eyeglasses :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-943378

Re: Can't see wrench icon to update Chrome

Nobody has suggestions on this? Chrome 8 is out, my Sony NSZ-GT1 iTV is running Chrome 7, I can’t seem to find a way to update it and it is not updating itself. Is everybody running the old version?
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Furyus

No you can't do this. Google TV uses a modified version of Chrome, it's been referred to as "Chrome Lite". Updates will be pushed down by Google as to keep the browser purposed for the product.
Please use plain text.
USER-963439

RE:NSX40GT1 How to view major networks/upgrade browser? i'm tired of spending my time on your chatrooms and help pages.
Please use plain text.