Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Groovin'
ArchGE
Accepted Solution

Free Netflix & Hulu for a year?

Purchased a 70R550A a couple of weeks ago.  Submitted my email through the SEN on the TV.  Never recieved the code from Sony, what's the deal?

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: Free Netflix & Hulu for a year?

Make sure that you have registered the tv to Sony Essentials.

If you have not registered the player to Sony Essentials just follow the steps below.
1. Using a computer, go to the Sony Essentials registration website which is https://internet.sony.tv/customer.
2. You can either sign in using the same E-mail address and Password used to create a Sony Store website account, or click the Create Account link.
3. If you click on Create Account or if you sign in using your existing Sony Store account and the unit is not yet registered it will ask you to enter a registration code. You can get the registration code by accessing Netflix. If the registration code is not available on that app try to access another internet app on the unit like Pandora. The registration code is case sensitive. Once done entering the registration code just click on Validate. 
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the registration.

Also make sure that the tv is updated with the latest software version. The latest software version is v5.207.

To check what is the current software version of the tv follow the steps below.
1. Using the supplied remote, press the Home button.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Under Settings, select Setup.
4. Select Product Support.
5. Under Product Support, select Contact Sony.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
ArchGE

Am registered at Essintials and have latest sofware, what next?  Is that enough to get the reg. code emailed to me?  TV is also linked to my wireless network.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
bill_witt

I'm in the same boat.  This should not be so difficult.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
ArchGE

It looks like this site is going to be usless for my needs.  Guess I'm going to have to call Sony to be passed around and on hold for an hour just to get this G.D. offer code.  Hey Sony, if you expect customers to to through a maze of puzzles and settings in the hope people will just get frustrated and give up, don't offer the dang thing!  It feels like this offer is "make-believe".

Please use plain text.
JRS

Hello ArchGE,

Please contact our technical support line @ 1-800-222-7669 and provide them the email address that was use to redeem the Netflix 1 year referral code. They should be able to send a request to resend these email with netflix referral code.

Thanks,

JRS

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
ArchGE

Called the 800 number two days ago and hung up after waiting on hold.  Emailed "esupport"  and never heard back.  NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE SONY!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
ArchGE

Held on the line for Tech. Support.  Described my issue to someone obviously not from this country.  He said he would have to kick my problem up to someone else and that I would hear from them in a day or two.

Recieved an email from alt. Tech. Support person which totally ignored anything about the problems I am having as described to to first guy on the phone.  I got a link to the same generic instructions for getting the free offer as I did to begin with.

My big problem is the page on my TV is frozen where you enter your email address then press send.  It's just stuck there now and I can't do anything with it.  I replied to my last Tech. Support email asking since they know I qualify for the offer, why not just email me the activation code and be done with it.  No reply yet.  Probably blew thier mind since my question is not in thier boiler plate solutions binder.

They did ask me if I wanted to purchase an extended warranty though.  Are you frickin' kidding me!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
ArchGE

Am I the only one having this Netflix/Hulu problem?  I'd be interested in comments from others.

Here's my reply from the tech. solutions team:

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

I understand that you tried few steps to obtain the Hulu / Netflix 1 year promotional code.Still no go.

Sony believes that such concerns are best conducted with our dedicated customer service
team. Please call them at: (800) 222-7669 or (239) 768-7669 Int'l.

Thank you for understanding.

How incompetent can a company get?  222-7669 is the number of the guy I called who handed me off to this "Sony Support" group to begin with!!!!!!!!

I plan on letting everyone I know personally and online what a bunch of G.D. idiots work for Sony and would not recommed buying anything  they make.
Please use plain text.
ScottF

ArchGE, I've just sent you an email to the address on file here requesting some additional information.  Please respond at your earliest convenience.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.