Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Tuning Up
georgiapeach

How can I get Closed Captions on netflix streaming shows on my Sony model KDL55NX720?

How do you get Closed Caption feature when steaming netflix on Sony model KDL55NX720

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: How can I get Closed Captions on netflix streaming shows on my Sony model KDL55NX720?

Hello georgiapeach

Welcome to Sony Community

To view subtitles or captions on a Netflix movie, being watched on a Bravia Internet Video device (BIV), it is required to enable the subtitles when you select the movie from the Netflix Instant queue.

Following is the procedure to enable subtitles for a Netflix Movie through the Netflix Instant queue.

1: Select the movie in the Netflix Instant queue.

2: Press the OPTIONS button on the Remote Control of the unit. Now, a screen appears with the available options for the movie.

3: Select the Audio and subtitles option and press ENTER.

4: Select the required subtitle language, based on the available options.

Note: If there is no Subtitle option under the Audio and subtitles menu, then it means that the particular movie does not have subtitles.

However, if the subtitle does not display, even after selecting the subtitle in the above manner, it means that the subtitle data for the particular movie is not in a format supported by the Sony TV.

Sony BIV device supports subtitles in the video overlay format. If the subtitles for the movie were uploaded by Netflix in any other format like LINE 21 broadcast format, then the subtitle will not display while playing the movie in the BIV device.

Regards,

ColbyP

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
hipp619

Re: How can I get Closed Captions on netflix streaming shows on my Sony model KDL55NX720?

Clicking on the options button does not bring up any other options whatsoever on my TV.  Is there something else that might work?  I looked on the Netflix website and it says my TV NX720 is supported with subtitles but I can not find any way to get this to work.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Hi hipp619!

Thanks for the message. Please refer to this article for more information about no subtitles or captions are available when watching Netflix streaming video.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.