Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (30,112 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I just open up the internet on my BRAVIA XBR55X850C?

How do I just open up the internet on my BRAVIA XBR55X850C?  Everything I type in the search box just pulls up youtube content. I’d like to go to Google.com. I’m more accustomed to Samsung that has the internet icon next to netflix, hulu and such. Sorry for the Noob question and thanks, James

Message 2 of 7 (30,068 Views)

Re: How do I just open up the internet on my BRAVIA XBR55X850C?

Hi 480Ruger,

Welcome to Sony Community!

The Android™ TV does not have a pre-installed web browser app. However, you can download and install third-party apps that function as a web browser through the Google Play™ store.

Follow these steps to locate a browser app:

1. Turn on the TV.
  2. Press the HOME button.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Select the Google Play store app.

Google Play Store

5. In the search window, use web browser or browser to locate an app that will meet your needs.

Browser search

IMPORTANT:

• Sony does not guarantee the operation of third-party apps. Third-party apps that have been downloaded and installed from the Google Play store are supported by the company or developer who produced them.
  • Using a computer, tablet or smartphone, you can visit the Apps for Android TV website to check the Descriptionand Reviews before downloading and installing an app.

Thanks!

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (30,041 Views)

Thank you.  It worked fine but I'm just not into this Android TV so I'm swapping back to Samsung.  Having to pay more to get the picture quality as good as the Sony.

Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (22,809 Views)

I gave up trying.  I have google chrome installed but I can't get out of the keyboard to select the website.

Rookie
Message 5 of 7 (4,820 Views)

Can't get a keyboard to enter a URL. OTHERS ARE CORRECT. Samsung is easy. Unfortunately we own 2 Sonys. Learned my lesson. No more Sony TVs. 

480Ruger wrote:

How do I just open up the internet on my BRAVIA XBR55X850C?  Everything I type in the search box just pulls up youtube content. I’d like to go to Google.com. I’m more accustomed to Samsung that has the internet icon next to netflix, hulu and such. Sorry for the Noob question and thanks, James

Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (1,940 Views)

Hi i have just got my sony bravia , dont have  play store or even url in the options menu , am i missing something 

Message 7 of 7 (1,535 Views)

Hello Cappahayden,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook