Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Tuning Up
whwoodward
Accepted Solution

How do I launch the Opera browser in my 40" KDL-40EX640 Bravia HDTV?

When I press the HOME (MENU) button and select Internet Browser the screen goes to the SONY home website. Any searches from the seacrh box in the upper right hand corner of the page show only SONY related results.  I do not see any Opera Browser or any way to search the internet.  Same result if pressing the SEN button and selecting the WWW icon in the Apps.  Also pressing the OPTIONS button does not reveal any option the enter URL.  The specifications page for this model on the SONY website states that the TV includes the Opera Browser.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: How do I launch the Opera browser in my 40" KDL-40EX640 Bravia HDTV?

[ Edited ]

Hello William,

Welcome to Sony Community.

The built-in Opera Internet Browser allows you to access select web content through the TV.

Using the Opera Internet Browser, you gain access to Sony.com and Gracenote Music Services.

The built-in internet browser also allows you to do basic keyword searches, so you can browse other select websites (text-based only).

The Opera Internet Browser is not a full search engine for the Internet and Web.

For Internet audio/video/photo content, use Sony's Bravia Internet Video service. Some web-pages maybe too large for download.

Refer the below knowledge base article to access the Internet browser in the TV.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33768

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.