Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (1,807 Views)

How do I refresh filelist on Bravia Smart TV

I have a Bravia 40"  KDL model smart TV.

I am able to look at a windows 7 machine that acts as a Video server.  I can play avi and mp4 files fine on the Smart TV.  DLNA is I think what this is called.

Now from time to time I add and change the video files on the Windows 7 pc.

I don't see the newer files on the list on the Smart TV.  I can power cycle the TV, power cycle the router, un share and share the pc, and still be unable to find the new files.  I remember that a month ago I played games with the file name on the windows end and eventually it showed up when I took the word The out.

Is there a way to make the Smart TV refresh the file list ???

Message 2 of 10 (1,773 Views)

Re: How do I refresh filelist on Bravia Smart TV

Hi. keepsake

Welcome to the Sony Community! 

Thanks for your post. For us to better assist you with your concern, please provide the complete model number of your Sont TV. 

Sony TVs have a sticker similar to the one shown below located on the back. The sticker provides the serial numbermodel number, and manufacture date of the TV.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (1,768 Views)

KDL 40 R 510 C

SN 5271584

OCT 2015

Thank you.

I just added a movie last night to the folder on the Win7 machine and its not showing in the TV again.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 10 (1,767 Views)

Could this be affected by the Windows Media Player 12 on the pc ?
These are files that eventually show up but only a week after I load them on to the PC.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (1,764 Views)

Message 6 of 10 (1,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hi. keepsake,

We’re sorry for not replying sooner. You might need to update/refresh the media library information from your DLNA media server so it can appear on your client. Please perform the following steps:
  • Open Windows Media Player
  • Click "Organize" >> "Apply media information changes" 
    (It will take a little bit of time depending on the hardware in your computer if you need to do the same.)

NOTE: Steps may vary depending on the version of your Windows Media Player. For further assistance regarding, please contact the manufacturer of your computer / laptop

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Regards,
Dave
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10 (1,679 Views)

Despite Media Player 'Apply ...' efforts, the problem persists.  Please submit a request for a update function or button on the Sony end.  Like on the next firmware upgrade.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 8 of 10 (1,340 Views)

This is an old thread - apparently without a satisfactory answer.

I need to know how to refresh the folders on my NAS drive linked to my KDL-43W800C  Bravia Android TV.

Have refreshed via NAS software; have tried disconnecting and reconnecting NAS drive to no avail.

The problem:

Deleted files and folders still appear and recently added files and folders do not appear.

This is mainly related to accessing mp3 files via the Music app but the problem also applies to video and photo files on the same drive.

Please:  is there a solution to this issue?

I can't see that it is in any way related to Windows media player - I am not accessing Windows with the TV or NAS drive.

Solution please.

Message 9 of 10 (1,299 Views)

Hi, Ggunyah

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10 (1,050 Views)

These Bravia TVs are in SERIOUS need of technical attention ...

After a year the original post has not been corrected.

I can add a file on the Windows Media server.  Not see it, reboot router and TV, etc.

Cannot see it from TV.  Back on the Windows machine I make a copy of the file and rename it.  Bingo it shows up at the TV, but just the copy, not the first file.  This happens virtually with 50% of the files.  There are about 700 files on the drive/share.

I also have to wait long periods of time to migrate the filelist on the TV.  I can press an up or down button mulitple times with maybe on ly 1 in 4 pushes working.  Yet, in the TV mode, every button works every push.

I also start playing a file and see the Loading... message.  The audio will at times start 15 seconds before an image comes up.  So audio playing while screen still says Loading 50% ... 90%, etc

I cannot recommend this kind of performance to friends in the Smart TV market.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook