Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Groovin'
srinivasasathi
Accepted Solution

How to do a factory reset on Sony Bravia kdl46ex720

I use my sony TV to watch an app named yupptv. I  cannot see the app frm the past 10-15 days and i contacted yupptv and they told me the issue is with Sony. Contacted sony and they said it is not te issue with sony either. I was googling for this and somone posted saying that resetting to factory settings worked for them and they're able to watch yupptv back. I contacted Sony for the same and they told me to hold my up arrow button , and then the power button . That will do the reset. 

It is not working on my TV. my model is kdl46ex720. Can someone please let me know if there is any alternative way of doing this.  

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: How to do a factory reset on Sony Bravia kdl46ex720

[ Edited ]

Hello Srinivasa,

Thank you for your post.

please follow this guide to perform a factory reset to your Television.

1. Turn on the TV.
  2. Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
  3. On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button.
  4. While holding the UP ARROW button,  with your other hand  reach around the side of the TV and press and release the POWER button on the TV set.( not the power button on the remote) it should be the top button along the side panel.

The missing YUPP TV icon was an issue about two weeks ago and as of  11/27 it was reported as resolved.   a reset is not neccessary,  simply refresh internet content  and your icon should be back.

please follow these steps to refresh internet content

1. Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Network .
  4. Select Refresh Internet Content .

if after the refresh that does not resolve please  try the reset if  you still cant access YUPP

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
ajeesh81

Re: How to do a factory reset on Sony Bravia kdl46ex720

Hi ,

I have HX750 modle .In this i am unable to see yupptv application .I tried reset and internet content refresh option .Still i did not see yupptv .

Please let me know how to get yupptv working on my kdl46hx750 tv 

Thanks

Ajeesh

Please use plain text.