Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 4 (2,099 Views)
Accepted Solution

Is there no internet browser on the XBR55X900E?

I can't seem to locate a browser... Am I blind or is there not a browser on this TV?

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (2,076 Views)

Re: Is there no internet browser on the XBR55X900E?

There's something built in that it uses to display a page now and then but you don't have direct access.   If you have a laptop or PC in the room you can run chrome and 'cast' tabs or the whole desktop to the TV which is the easiest way to access web pages. 

Oddly you can't find chrome in the google play store when you access it from the TV itself, but if you access it from a PC logged into the same google account as the TV you can tell it to install chrome on the TV.   Then you need 'sideload launcher' to start it - or you can use the microphone on the remote to say 'open chrome' to google assistant.  But it is still difficult to use with the remote.  It might be OK if you plug a keyboard and mouse in.

Most of the things you might do on a browser have dedicated apps that work better anyway.

Expert
Message 3 of 4 (2,062 Views)

I was unaware of the cast function.  I've also just installed Chrome on the TV, and will try out each method.  

Thanks!

Expert
Message 4 of 4 (2,011 Views)

You can also install the Opera Browser on your TV from the Google Play Store. It is now called Vewd Browser. Search for "Opera" or "Vewd".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook