Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 10 (24,468 Views)
Accepted Solution

KDL-50W807C can't find any wifi networks

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this.

My tv is unable to find any wireless networks anymore. This is the second time it happened; doing a factory reset resolved the issue temporarily, but unfortunately it's back since yesterday. Here's what happened:

- Yesterday my tv turned on automatically. At least, I heard it click on and the led light below the tv showed a faint white light, but the screen stayed black. I then pressed the on/off button on my remote control and it went definitively on, switching to the homescreen. However, it then didn't respond to anything I pressed on my remote control, nor did it turn off or do anything when I pressed the buttons on the TV itself.

- After a few minutes, I was able to switch it back off with my remote. However, upon turning it on again the internet symbol at the bottom of the homescreen displayed an exclamation point. When I went to the network settings, it said it was still connected to my router, however internet services didn't work anymore. I checked my router settings and it didn't display the tv as connected. Other devices like my PC (wired connection to router) and my smartphone (wireless, obviously) were still connected to the router and able to use internet. By all accounts, my router was fine.

- I turned it off again and then turned it on about an hour later, and the tv caught on to the fact that it wasn't connected anymore, saying I didn't have an active connection. However, it is now unable to find ANY wifi networks in the vicinity (there's about 20 networks that he should be, and has been able to find). That's the state I'm currently in.

To reiterate, this exact same situation happened earlier (including the tv turning on by itself prior to losing the wifi), and I had to do a factory reset to restore internet functionality.

Anyone had similar problems?

Message 2 of 10 (24,447 Views)

Re: KDL-50W807C can't find any wifi networks

Hi Cheezzhead

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

We're sorry to hear this issue you are having. Try to isolate the issue by following these suggestions: 

• Perform a power reset
    1. Turn off the TV.
    2. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
    3. Let the television remain without power for 60 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
    5. Turn on the TV.
  • Manually download and install the latest firmware of the TV. 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

I hope this helps. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (23,280 Views)

Hi all I have purchased Sony bravia 43W800d. And also faced the same issue, after many days of trouble shooting I found the solution. It is not the issue with television or Your WiFi router it's just issue of connection between them. I just made 1 change which solved my issue. Please access to your WiFi router settings page from your PC then change the channel from auto to Channel 9 (9Channel worked for me, I haven't experimented with others). This also solved the time reset issue after shutdown of TV.
Hope this will be useful for new buyers like me.
Cheers...
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 10 (18,478 Views)

Thanks Nanendra716

You solved me a year problem I had with my Sony android KDL 43W809C. I talked with the authorized service for sony they told me to send the tv to them. But luckily found your solution very helpful. I faced the same issue, channel 9 change on the router worked for me also. Thank you so much, I hope this will help others Sony TV buyers.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (16,720 Views)

I found the solution guys!!! Easy just take ur TV closer to ur router connect the Ethernet cable then update the new software it will take about 15-20 mins after that u will be able to connect to ur network or internet u could see Netflix YouTube 😊✌️️
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 10 (16,719 Views)

My tv it's a SONY Bravia smart the new ones!!
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10 (16,713 Views)

I found the solution guys!!! Easy just take ur TV closer to ur router connect the Ethernet cable then update the new software it will take about 15-20 mins after that u will be able to connect to ur network or internet u could see Netflix YouTube 😊✌️️

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 10 (16,711 Views)

U gotta do it with ur wifi from ur router just to settings look for software update without using ur wifi thou

Rookie
Message 9 of 10 (3,171 Views)

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10 (736 Views)

i think its a bug 

Emtee - Manando

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook