Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (454 Views)

KDL-55HX750 Configuration failed while acquiring internet content 5008

Months ago I lost the ability to watch any internet content on my Sony Bravia KDL-55HX750. I have tried several methods to resolve the issue and nothing seems to fix the issue.

Actions Taken:

- Connected to the internet with wire connection and verified that it is connected

- Set static IP and DNS as per simular posts to this issue

- I have reset the TV by unplugging and through settings (over a dozen times)

- I have tried internet refresh through settings and through the intern content menu (both fail)

Please provide some guidance as to how this issue can be resolved.

Message 2 of 4 (420 Views)

Re: KDL-55HX750 Configuration failed while acquiring internet content 5008

Hi Grundle,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear that the TV lost the ability to watch internet content. In addition to the steps you have performed, you may consider the steps in the next link to isolate the issue:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75355/p/61659,62766,72634/c/65,66/kw/troubleshooti....

If the issue is unresolved, the TV may require service. 

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (392 Views)

Erin C, Thank you for your reply. The issues is not the internet connection. The TV states that the connection is fine (note: this is a hardwire to the back of the TV from the router). The issue is that the TV fails to acquire internet content after it authenticates.

I have checked band width and it appears to be ok, about 17Mbps down and 2.5 Mbps up.

Is there a way to reset the TV to facory settings?

What other steps can I take to resolve this?

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (378 Views)

Hi Grundle,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Follow these steps to reset your TV to the original factory settings

1. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  2. Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.
  3. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

Note: The TV should power on automatically. If it doesn't, power it on.

4. Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
  5. On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button.

UP arrow of the remote

6. While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on your TV set.

Note:

• Depending on your TV, Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the screen.
    • The TV may power off and then back on.
    • If the TV remains off after doing a factory reset, follow the troubleshooting steps if the supplied remote control will not operate the TV
    • The button may be on the front, top or side of the TV. If your TV has an Energy Saving switch, be sure to press the POWER button rather than the Energy Saving switch.
    • Energy saving switch

7. Release the UP ARROW button.

Note: The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup.

If the reset didn't complete successfully, disconnect all devices from the TV, turn off or disable the network connection, then repeat these steps.

You can also access the steps here: 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61396/p/61659,62766,72634/c/65,66/kw/factory%20res...

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook