Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 29 (19,860 Views)

Re: My Bravia TV has stopped connecting to the internet.

Hi Pier

Welcome to Sony Community!

There is a possibility that the distance between the router and TV is causing this issue or an interference with the signal. Unfortunately, the model number you have provided appears to be not a US model and we are not able to check the product specification to provide you an accurate solution. We strongly suggest, contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 12 of 29 (19,852 Views)

thanks, did that.

In the end, there was an issue with my modem.

all fixed

Rookie
Message 13 of 29 (16,313 Views)

Re: My Bravia TV will not connect to the internet.

I am hoping that someone can help me. I have read as many of the existing threads and responses/directions already without any success.

I have a Sony Bravia TV plugged directly into the back of my router. I have tried 2 different ethernet cables and neither worked.

I have other equipment (including a sony Blu-ray) plugged directly into my router and have complete internet access through them.

I ran the auto configure (and tried manual configuration as well). In both cases the TV sees the wired connection, says it is ok, obtains a valid IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and the primary DNS. I know they are all valid because once the TV runs the setup it shows up in my router software and all the setting of the TV match the settings of the router. When I press the "Check Connection" button in network setup it says the physical connection, local access and internet access are all OK.

When I try to run any data application (music or video) I get the error message that "A network error has occurred". I have run the "Media Server Troubleshooting" diagnostic several times and always get the same response. My external WiFi drive plugged into the router is seen by name and as a Successful server result, my router IP address (it never figures out name of router) is listed as an Unsuccessful result.

I have power cycled the router, TV, and the entire entertainment system several times in various combinations allowing a few minutes before turning anything back on.

I don't know why the TV says the internet is good, but the media server is bad. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 14 of 29 (16,207 Views)

Hi uofiee

Welcome to Sony Community! 

When I try to run any data application (music or video) I get the error message that "A network error has occurred".

Have you connected this unit to your router before? How about using a web browser? May we have the exact model number of your TV so that we could assist you better? 

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 29 (15,619 Views)

Hi,

I cannot get my tv to connect to the network. I have reset to factory default. When I "check Connection", it comes back saying everything is fine. I connected via cable. I checked the cable by connection my laptop instead, everything worked fine. Tried using the siggested 8.8.8.8 Primary DNS, it did not fix the problem. Don't know what to do anymore.

Model: KDL-55EX713

Software Version: PKG4.0777AAL

PS: I have a Sony Blue Ray device connected to the same router and this device can access the network without any problems.

Can I update firmware via USB? What Can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Steve.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 29 (13,699 Views)

If your TV has a LAN intput on it, you might try connecting an ethernet cable from the router directly to the TV.  Then try the setup option again for your WiFi.  The WiFi connection should set up.  

Once you are confident of its stability, you can disconnect the cable, first from the TV, then from the router.  The Setup seems to need a "handshake" to trust the router.  I had the same problem with my KDL 55HX729, only I don't have a router, just the modem from the cable company, which created a WI FI hotspot.

Good Luck.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 29 (10,518 Views)

Thanks it did work. has been waited 5 yrs. lol Smiley Happy

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 29 (10,518 Views)

hi!

I tried as you mentioned with 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 it worked at first may be 1 day and after it didnt. Smiley Sad

thank you

Message 19 of 29 (10,161 Views)

Hi Pan-nep

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

To further isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest following the troubleshooting guidelines here: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75355/

On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. We highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 29 (6,020 Views)

What was wrong with your modem? Was it a setting issue? I have the same issue accessing the internet with my Sony TV as you have described.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook