Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 39 (4,617 Views)

Re: My Bravia TV will not connect to the internet.

Just disable the modem's firewall and it will work.

Message 22 of 39 (4,596 Views)

Hi EddyKG,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear that the TV cannot connect to the internet. Below are the troubleshooting steps that we recommend that may fix the concern.

1. Test the Internet connection with a different device, such as a computer, to verify if Internet access is available.

NOTE: If necessary, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance with re-establishing or activating an Internet connection.

2. Confirm that an active Internet connection has been established using a wired or wireless connection.
  3. Make sure the device has the latest system software update installed. This can either be done from the Settings menu of the device (recommended) or download the software update and installation instructions from eSupport web site. Software and driver updates for your Sony product are available online.
  4. Test if the error message only appears when accessing one particular online service or content.
  5. Reset the cable modem or router by unplugging the power cord from the electrical outlet for one minute.
  6. Change the default Domain Name Server (DNS) to a Public DNS 8.8.8.8.
  7. Reset the device to the factory default settings.

We may  set the IP address manually.

Follow these steps:

1. Obtain the following IP information from your computer.
    • IP address or IPv4 address
    • Subnet Mask
    • Default Gateway

NOTE: If you are already connected to the Internet, the IP information can also be obtained from the network connection status of the device.

1. Using the remote supplied with your Internet video device, press the HOME or MENU button.

NOTE: The network settings of your device varies on the model being used. For model- specific details, refer to the operating instructions that came with the Internet video device.

2. Select Setup or Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Network Setup.
  5. Depending on how the device is connected to your network, select either Wired or Wireless.
  6. Select Manual or Custom.(If these options are not available, an IP address cannot be manually set on your model.)

NOTE: For secured wireless setup, a Network security key needs to be entered before the IP address and Proxy server setting screen is displayed.

7. Enter the IP information for the Internet video device obtained on Step 1.
    • IP address: The IP address should be the same, except for the last number in the four-number sequence. Change the last number to a number higher than the original but less than 254. For example, if the IP address shown on your computer is 192.168.0.5, enter 192.168.0.105
    • Subnet Mask: Enter the Subnet mask exactly as attained from the computer.
    • Default Gateway: Enter the Default Gateway exactly as attained from the computer.

NOTES:

• Use 8.8.8.8 for the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the Secondary DNS.
      • Sony® Internet Video devices do not use a proxy server. Select NO if prompted to use a proxy server.
  8. Select Save and Connect to establish a Network connection.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 23 of 39 (4,330 Views)

My bravia tv model 40EX520, i am having problem to refresh internet content. Please help.
Message 24 of 39 (4,289 Views)

Hi Tinaemilia,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 25 of 39 (4,260 Views)

Solved! There is only one solution .
1. Click on Home
2.Scroll down to Settings
3.Scroll to Storage and Reset
4.Choose Factory data reset

Wait few minutes to rest.
Guarateed to work.
Thx
Enthusiast
Message 26 of 39 (4,174 Views)

[ Edited ]

There is no "storage and reset" option in the settings area on my bravia, model kdl46nx810.  It shows being connected to the internet after taking the steps to connect it to the hotspot.  The wifi signal shows and has a signal on the tv setup screen, but when I click to connect I get an error "<2200>".  Please ask if you need more info.  I have screen shots of the tv, but don't see a way to post them here.  

Rookie
Message 27 of 39 (4,019 Views)

I gotta say connecting a Sony TV to wireless internet is highly problematic. I have to simply retry over and over again. Sometimes it takes me an hour. My iPhone, my wife's Samsung phone, and her iPad all connect in seconds without a problem. I am very unhappy with my Sony TV.
Rookie
Message 28 of 39 (3,520 Views)

Re: My Bravia TV has stopped connecting to the internet.

It will not detect Bluetooth devices or my tablet it used to function

Message 29 of 39 (3,491 Views)

Re: My Bravia TV has stopped connecting to the internet.

Hi Gilley,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Kindly send me a private message (PM) with the exact model number of your device so we can further assist you. 

Best regards,

~Erin

Rookie
Message 30 of 39 (2,126 Views)

My Sony Bravia KLV40R562 stopped Opening Youtube from the time it had a Software Update on May 2017. The Internet connection all says OK in the TV and that it is connected to the Internet but Youtube never used to Open.

I followed the above Steps and I have Youtube Back !

Thanks for the Help.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook