Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Tuning Up
nlbrown80
Accepted Solution

My TV wired connection is not working.

I have a Sony Bravia 46 EX720. I tried today to get on netflix but it is saying my wired connection failed. I am using a router that is working properly. When I switched connection to another device it works fine. However my TV is not able to use the connection.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: My TV wired connection is not working.

Hi nlbrown80!

Thanks for the message. Try to Refresh the Internet Content. This can be found in the Settings menu under Network. Are other internet applications working fine?   

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jpugong

hi there my name is jeff.i am having the same problem too .i tied the refresh internet content but its not working cos my tv wont let me connect to my internet.
Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Hi jpugong!

Please click here for troubleshooting steps that you can perform to resolve the issue that you are having with the TV.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
nlbrown80

That still did not work.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Thank you for getting back to us, nlbrown80. Please refer to this article for additional troubleshooting steps. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." 

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Ripper

I've returned now my second Sony Bravia over the internet connection issue.

The network connection software is anything but stable, and after resetting the connection for the umpeenth time, going through the online troubleshooting guides, and even calling my ISP to have my connection reset, I conclude that it's a problem in the networking architecture on the television.

One reason I'm sure this is a problem with Sony is that I've since purchased another HD t.v., the brand of which shall rename nameless but which isn't Sony, and I plugged it in, entered my password, and enjoyed all the promised content.  No muss, no fuss. 

I respectfully submit that in this age of digital content, that Sony should be paranoid about playing well with home networks, and isn't yet. 

Please use plain text.