Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
A-1 Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11 (1,774 Views)

NSX-46GT1 Main Board Replacement Firmware

We have a 46" NSX-46GT1.

Main Board was surged and needed to be replaced.

With old board, ports did not function, but set still turned on.

I purchased a new board from a NSX-32GT1, same board, different firmware on the board.

With the new board installed, the set is stuck with the green/amber lights flashing without nothing hooked to it, or with a hard wire connection to the internet, etc.

Is there a way I can download the firmware similar to the way I did with my KDL-52XBR9 and download the firmware to a USB Stick and flash it to the eeprom on the new Main Unit?

Not sure where or how, or is there something I can do to reset the unit with the remote control to get it up?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 11 (1,740 Views)

Re: NSX-46GT1 Main Board Replacement Firmware

Hello A-1, thank you for your message. 

In regards to your concern, all customers have the option to download any update for any device in our website esupport.sony.com by free. Method to update the unit would depend of the model number. 

IMPORTANT:  The update for your Google TV is available only by performing a Network Upgrade. 

Follow the steps below: 

• Press either the HOME button 
  • Go into Settings
  • Then go to "About" and select it
  • Under "About", it provides system updates, tutorials, information on the status of the system, and on how to contact Sony.

I hope this post helps. 

A-1 Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11 (1,728 Views)

I cannot get the television to turn on, let alone get On Screen Display with the new board installed. Just the two Lights, green and amber flashing, indicating the board has the incorrect firmware installed. You cannot connect to the network without the NSX-46GT1 firmware... I need the firmware to install from a USB to the board, otherwise, how can you repair the unit?

Message 4 of 11 (1,720 Views)

Hello A-1, thank you for your message. 

Thank you for replying. I've sent you a private message for further assistance. 

Rookie
Message 5 of 11 (1,249 Views)

i got a question? how can i downgrade my firmware because since i upgraded to firmware 3.2 my tv started not working correctly i cant download apps or update them, netflix does connet, youtube doesnt work and the browser its really slow
Rookie
Message 6 of 11 (867 Views)

I am having the same problem witht the NSX 46GT1 and I was curious as to what the resolve would be that you recommeneded to A1 user.

Thanks, Joshua

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11 (325 Views)

Did anyone get an answer to A-1 enquiry? I have a similar situation and wanted to know how to proceed.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 11 (325 Views)

Hey 

Did you find a solution for A-1 problem?
A-1 Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 11 (312 Views)

victor1313 ---> Once a firmware is downloaded, there is no reverting back. That board would need to be re-flashed with a new IC, and good luck finding one.

low10980 ---> We ended up having to purchase a main board from a NSX-46GT1 that was cracked to repair this set. The 32" board required a special firmware that modifies the settings to respond to a 46" panel that is no longer attainable to install to change models. (Sony does not support the firmware anymore)

flashcode ---> See above response.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 11 (151 Views)

I replaced my main board on my NSX-46GT1 and now my amber and green lights flashing, any solution for this problem?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook